SGS Stewart Canada
2 weeks ago
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
The Sample Preparation Technician is responsible for performing routine sorting, weighing, transferring, drying, crushing, pulverizing, and screening of geological materials and sample registration in accordance with client work order instructions and laboratory quality guidelines and procedures.
This is a fly-in fly-out (FIFO) position requiring travelling to and from the worksite, with a rotation of 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off. Travel and accommodations will be arranged and provided by SGS within the Province of BC. This is a 5 to 6 month contract position that has a competitive hourly rate, that includes accommodations, paid... travel time, plus a daily per diem while working at the client site location.
• Department Supervisor
• This position works under minimal supervision and directly at the client site
• Unpack, sort, weigh, transfer, and dry samples.
• Sample registration into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
• Execute and perform crushing, pulverizing, and screening of geological materials as per SGS’ Standard Operating Procedures.
• Act as the liaison between client and SGS laboratory to resolve any issues which may arise during sample receiving and reduction stage.
• Conduct routine quality checks including particle size analysis, dust loss, and report data immediately to the Supervisor if results are outside of acceptability parameters.
• Ensure that work order documentation is completed in every respect and QC results are entered into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) as necessary.
• Label and pack samples into sample boxes to send to SGS laboratory.
• Maintain clean and organized work area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal is according to laboratory procedures including any special requirements for handling international soils.
• Ensure that equipment is maintained in good order and inform the Supervisor of any damaged or defective equipment or any equipment requiring adjustment i.e., pulverizing time or crusher plate gap.
• Keep all records and notebooks in good order including work orders and equipment maintenance logs.
• Education: High school Diploma
• Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience is a strong asset.
• Preferably residing in the Pronvince of BC
• Strong analytical and mechanical skills.
• Ability to lift up to 20kg.
• Ability to perform repetitive physical work.
• Ability to perform routine bench tests.
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and to multi-task.
• Basic computer skills including email communications.
• Basic knowledge of MS Outlook and Excel is an asset.
• A valid driver’s license is an asset.
• A willingness to learn new analytical tests, instrumentation, and procedures.
• Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
• Candidates must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills to work well with others & independently.
• Proven time management skills and strong attention to detail.
• Works well under pressure.
• Extended hours and shift work are required.
• Travel to client location is required and may require traveling to other SGS locations.
• Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
About the Company:
Sample Preparation Technician (Contract - Fly in, Fly out) Stewart jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.