Argonaut Gold Canada Canada
2 weeks ago
Reporting to the Chief Assayer, the Sample Preparation/Lab Technician will participate in activities of the plant’s assay laboratory to ensure the provision of timely and accurate test results. This position will be involved in the preparation of all mine and mill samples.
Other duties include carrying out strict QC/QA testing of samples during the preparation process.
As this is a start-up position, the successful candidate must have a strong focus on employee development to help achieve laboratory optimization, increased productivity and to maximise return on investment in compliance with corporate objectives.
The Magino Project is currently in pre-production with key construction milestones achieved. The first gold pour is scheduled in Q2 2023. Located in northern Ontario, Canada, 88 kms northeast of Wawa and approximately 14 kms southeast of the town of Dubreuilville, this site contains a historical underground gold mine, and tailings... management facility ("TMF"). Argonaut Gold conducted a Feasibility Study in 2017 that examined mining the deposit using conventional open pit mining methods and extraction of gold from the ore using a 10,000 tonnes per day carbon-in-pulp ("CIP") mineral processing facility. Once commissioning has been completed, the Magino mine will produce approximately 150,000 ounces of gold per year during the first five years of production. The project has over a 15-year mine production life.
• Participates in the plant’s assay laboratory activities to ensure timely and accurate test results including carrying out analytical tests on ore processed in the mill to determine gold content.
• Participate in the preparation of mine and mill samples which includes Sample Receiving, Sample Drying, Sample Crushing and Sample Pulverizing.
• Assist in the Development of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) procedures.
• Exercise general supervision of the preparation and of mine and mill samples. This includes checking that equipment is properly adjusted and well maintained. ensuring use of the proper Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) Comparing the results of QC/QA samples for compliance with permitted tolerances and endorsing test results.
• Support an accurate and timely data delivery system back to the customers. This will involve the use of a LIMS package designed for the Sample Receiving and Sample Preparation areas.
• Assist in developing the most cost effective and accurate methods and procedures. This includes reviewing present methods and as necessary suggesting modifications to suit required applications.
• Ensure the continuing availability of consumable supplies, and equipment spares. This includes carrying out regular checks of stock levels.
• Create an environment that fosters a safe working environment.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives of the department.
• Strong commitment to Safety, health, risk management and environmental standards.
• Secondary School Diploma or GED.
• Previous mine sample preparation experience preferred.
• Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office software and LIMS.
• Proven ability to analyse problems, prioritize issues, and develop timely and cost-effective solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to work safely and foster safe working habits in others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the operation.
• Good listening skills
• Able to work in a team setting or independently.
• Effective decision-making skills.
• Integrity, focus, and a strong work ethic.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to wear a respirator for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to wear hearing protection for prolonged periods of time.
• The role is located at the Magino Mine, which is approximately 88 kilometers northeast of Wawa, Ontario, Canada.
• The ideal candidate for the role will work a rotation of 7 days on and 7 days off (12-hour days).
• Although you will be assigned a work schedule, this is not a guaranteed schedule of hours and your work hours may vary with the needs of the company.
• Magino promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of building a new mine in Canada and to build a career with a positive and supporting work environment, submit your resume by clicking on Apply.
Argonaut Gold is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity in its workforce, and encourages applications from qualified candidates. Wherever possible, accommodations are made for qualified applicants with self-declared disabilities. Argonaut Gold thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Company reserves the right to administer relevant tests to shortlisted candidates selected for interviews, in an effort to determine their suitability and the preparedness of those candidates to accept and perform in the role for which they have applied
Lab Assay Technician Canada jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.