NTT America Solutions, Inc.
NTT America Solutions, Inc. Johannesburg South Africa
2 weeks ago
MS Engineer (L2)
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform... to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
Dimension Data is a proud member of the NTT Group, a global IT powerhouse headquartered in Japan. As part of NTT, we deliver a wide range of IT services and solutions to clients around the world. Although the Dimension Data brand was retired in some parts of the world in 2019, it remains well recognized in the Middle East and Africa. Join us and become part of the NTT family as we continue to provide innovative solutions that help our clients achieve their business objectives.
What you'll be doing
The MS Engineer is responsible for providing a service to clients by proactively identifying and resolving technical incidents and problems. Through preemptive service incident and resolution activities, as well as product reviews, operational improvements, operational practices, and quality assurance this role will maintain a high level of service to clients. Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement (SLA) conditions .The MS Engineer s responsible for managing tickets of low to high complexity.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested, and operational
• Perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts
• Identify problems and errors prior to or when it occurs and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail
• Assist in analyzing, assigning, and escalating support calls
• Investigate third line support calls assigned and identify the root cause of incidents and problems
• Report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary
• Provide onsite technical support to clients and provide field engineering services to clients
• Conduct a monthly random review of incidents and service requests, analyze and recommend improvement in quality
• Provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by NTT
• Proactively identify opportunities for work optimization including opportunities for automation of work
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
• Ability to communicate and work across different cultures and social groups
• Ability to plan activities and projects well in advance, and takes into account possible changing circumstances
• Ability to maintain a positive outlook at work
• Ability to work well in a pressurized environment
• Ability to work hard and put in longer hours when it is necessary
• Ability to apply active listening techniques such as paraphrasing the message to confirm understanding, probing for further relevant information, and refraining from interrupting
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Ability to place clients at the forefront of all interactions, understanding their requirements, and creating a positive client experience throughout the total client journey
• Advanced diploma, degree, or relevant qualification in IT/Computing (or demonstrated equivalent work experience)
• Demonstrated work experience
• Demonstrated experience required in Engineering function within a medium to large ICT organization
• Demonstrated experience of Managed Services
• Demonstrated working knowledge of ITIL processes
• Demonstrated experience working with vendors and/or 3rd parties
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
Equal opportunity employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.
Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to enable a connected future for people, organizations, and society?
Join our growing global NTT family and you’ll be part of the world’s largest ICT company (by revenue). We’ve combined the capabilities of 28 remarkable companies to become one, leading technology services provider. Together, we help our people, clients, and communities do great things with technology to create a more secure and connected future.
We employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, we work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world. Innovation is part of our DNA. We believe it’s key to what makes us different. So, we strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies we integrate and the services we deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
You’ll be joining a global employer that is committed to attracting, growing and keeping the best talent. A place where you will be at the heart of our success
Johannesburg South Africa
Jobs in Johannesburg South Africa
Active Directory & Messaging Engineer Johannesburg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.