SabenzaIT South Africa South Africa
2 weeks ago
The Senior Software Applications Development Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining applications using primarily the Microsoft stack. They exhibit a deep understanding of the Microsoft SharePoint platform, and SharePoint platform specific tools, including its interface, business intelligence, collaboration, and content management capabilities and can independently engage with clients to analyze their needs and guide them with regards to technology trade-offs in this domain.
As an experienced technologist, the Senior Software Applications Development Engineer has well-rounded understanding of the Microsoft Cloud technology environment, including Office 365, Yammer, MS Teams, and MS Power Platform.
Duties, Roles, and Responsibilities.
• Serve as the subject matter expert within all aspects of development to include technical requirements, application configuration, user requirements, and application upgrades and migrations.
• Provide technical... expertise and platform knowledge to develop and support solutions the O365 space – primarily SharePoint and Power Platform
• Plan for and lead requirements gathering workshops, initiative kick-offs and UAT sessions independently with clients.
• Prepare technical and functional documentation for software development initiatives.
• Communicate technical information, both written and verbal, effectively to clients of varying technical experience
• Help manage a visible backlog of work for the client.
• Prepare and deliver client reports and presentations.
• Provide direction, guidance and oversight to less experienced team members.
• Help maintain the relationship between the client (Product Owner, business representatives) and the team together with the team Project Manager
• Provide technical support and analysis to identify, investigate, and resolve technical issues.
• Ensure problem ownership, adherence to contractual SLAs and the correct administration of support cases.
• Serve as main contact for escalated troubleshooting issues and deliver solutions to high priority issues.
• Application of Agile Methodology in software development and remediation activities
• Collaborate with other Senior SharePoint Application Developers to establish and implement developing best practice across teams.
• Interact with Pre-sales function to help develop new business opportunities by engaging with clients to define scope of work and construct client proposals
• Ensure that Agile software principles are followed by which collaboration is the decision maker for requirements and solutions.
• Contribute to a Cross-functional Agile team that self-manages to apply adaptive planning and evolve development for quick delivery and continuous improvements in deployments.
• Ability to rapidly respond to change that involves customer participation.
• Improvement of solution quality encouraged by frequent releases and short release cycles.
• Focus on quality outcomes which generates customer satisfaction within a timeline that retains customer engagement.
Education, Skills, and Experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field
• Experience developing SharePoint 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and MOSS 2007.
• 5+ years of experience in SharePoint development with a strong background in business processes and site/list architecture preferred.
• Extensive experience using 3rd Party and Microsoft migration tools for both on-premises and cloud-based implementations.
• Design and implement solutions using Power Platform solutions such as Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI
• Experience with using process automation tools such as Nintex and K2
• Knowledge around related O365 products such as Teams, Yammer, Power BI
• Ability to write and execute PowerShell scripts.
• Up to-date certifications for Microsoft 365, Power Platform, Microsoft Teams, Office 365
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Senior SharePoint and PowerPlatform Engineer South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.