Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Whanganui Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand
2 weeks ago
Te Whatu Ora Whanganui is seeking applications for an Occupational Therapist
Occupational Therapist, Allied Health Primary and Community
Permanent hours, 40 Hours per week
Te Whatu Ora Whanganui is committed to increase the diversity of our workforce, and actively focus on employing and building a sustainable Māori workforce which supports our pro-equity commitment.
Ngā Uarātanga | Our Values
• Aroha - The value of love, respect and empathy, demonstrating compassionate and non-judgemental relationships.
• Kōtahitanga - The value of unity and vision sharing where we demonstrate trust and collaboration.
• Manaakitanga - The value of respect, support and caring where we demonstrate doing our very best for others.
• Tino Rangatiratanga - The value of self-determination where we empower individual/whānau choice.
Ko te kaupapa | About the role
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Occupational Therapist to work in our Occupational Therapy team. There is some... flexibility within the scope of this role and could be tailored to either a role working in the community, or as a rotational role which includes regular rotations through our main inpatient wards with the possibility of a community rotation. This role is ideal for either an experienced Occupational Therapist, or a new graduate Occupational Therapist. Due to the flexibility of the role it gives us the exciting opportunity to create a role based on the strengths of the successful applicant. This job requires working closely with other Occupational Therapists, Allied Health Therapy Assistants and Physiotherapy, as well as being a part of a wider multi-disciplinary team on the ward. Excellent time management, adaptability and communication skills are essential for this role.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
• You must be a qualified Occupational Therapist
• Have experience or demonstrate potential for working in a hospital setting
• Hold the legal right to work in New Zealand
• You are working toward or have already gained credentialed or approved assessor status with Enable NZ in basic/complex Housing, MOH list/ complex equipment and wheeled mobility postural management level 1.
• Physically fit and able to lift (as per patient handling guidelines)
• Motivated to maintain high level of knowledge and skill
• Hold a New Zealand Drivers License
• Be vaccinated for covid-19
Ngā hua o te Mahi i Te Pōari o Whanganui | Working at Te Whatu Ora Whanganui
• Opportunity to further strengthen your clinical skills
• You will be working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team providing excellent services to patients and whānau
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Our vision is He Hāpori Ora - Thriving Communities, with our mission being 'to improve health and independence through a responsive and integrated health system'.
We ensure health care places people and their whānau at the centre of everything we do with and for them. We support and empower individuals and whānau to determine their own wellbeing and are committed to working in authentic partnership with other health care providers, iwi, government, social and community agencies to build strong, resilient, connected people and whānau.
Whanganui is a great little progressive city with a friendly chilled vibe. Great café culture, schools and sporting opportunities with some of the best all year-round weather in the country. The rugged west coast beaches on your doorstep allow for all year surfing, fishing or just walking for miles. Skiing and hiking on mount Ruapehu just an hour up the road, Whanganui has all your bases covered for a family friendly lifestyle.
Whanganui's reputation for having some of the best value-for-money housing in New Zealand is another big-plus for many people settling in the city. With most suburbs only 15 minutes from the central business district or Whanganui Hospital residents don't have to compromise on location to make the most of their leisure time or afford a better property.
Check out www.discoverwhanganui.nz/visit/ to see what your new home could look like.
Me pēhea te tono | How to apply
For more information, please contact Kim Craddock, Recruitment Coordinator on [email protected] or (06) 348 8911
Rā Katinga | Applications close
Applications close: 07 June 2023
This job closes on 07 June 2023. However, since we would like our preferred candidate to commence employment as early as possible, we may close this vacancy earlier if we found a suitable candidate for this position. Therefore, please do not wait until the closing date to apply for this role
Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand
Jobs in Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand
Occupational Therapist Manawatu-Wanganui jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.