Foodics Cairo Egypt
1 week ago
Proudly “voted the best place to work” in 2021-2022, Foodics, one of the most promising SaaS companies in MENA, was founded in 2014 in KSA with headquarters in Riyadh and offices in the United Arab Emirates Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt, Pakistan, and the Netherlands.
FOODICS is the leading Restaurant-Tech company in MENA and a pioneer in the regional F&B industry. Foodics is currently undergoing rapid expansion across MENA, Pakistan, Africa and Asia, servicing over 20,000 brands , and has achieved three rounds of funding, with the latest raising $170 million in the largest SaaS funding round in MENA, boosting its innovation capabilities to better serve business owners.
We provide a cloud-based point-of-sale SaaS ecosystem with tools that help F&B, and retail businesses start, track and grow. Our customers use Foodics to accept payments, track inventory, monitor sales, process orders, digitize menus, manage employees, create analytics and smart reports, provide secure cloud... storage and enable the integration of third-party apps.
We pride ourselves on recognizing and retaining talent while promoting creativity and efficiency. We are constantly looking for people to help shape and be a part of our bright future!
Our Purpose: To create a growth-accelerating platform that enables the restaurant ecosystem to achieve the most remarkable performance
Our Vision: To be the most trusted one-stop-shop software & financial platform for restaurants
Our Mission: to empower every person who contributes to the success of a restaurant business and provide finance to fuel its growth
About the Role
As our team grows, we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer - PHP with exposure to both solution design and architecture to become part of our global expansion!
What you’ll be doing
• Establish and guide the architecture of several web applications.
• Collaborate with other designers, engineers, and product managers.
• Design and implement new features and functionalities.
• Use test-driven development to write well-tested code.
• Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
• Write beautiful and well-designed code that explains itself.
• Integrate data from various services and databases.
• Offer coaching and mentoring to Junior engineers.
• Research and lead adoption of new systems/technologies.
• Look for ways to eliminate technical debt, improve the performance, and organize the code base.
If this opportunity excites you, hop on and apply now!
• 5+ years experience building web applications using PHP.
• 3+ years experience with the Laravel PHP framework.
• Extensive experience with relational databases.
• Experience writing unit and integration tests.
• Solid understanding of REST APIs.
• Good understanding of Redis and caching.
• Good understanding of Git.
• Understanding of queues and background processing.
• Familiarity with frontend platforms.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
• Great team spirit and strong commitment to achieving results.
• Interest in utilizing and learning new technologies.
• Experience with building fintech applications is a PLUS.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal.
• Ability to adapt to a time zone difference, and thrive in a remote working environment.
• This is a remote job that does not require relocation, so you can work from anywhere in the world!
• We offer a people-focused culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, innovation, and a flexible work setup: remotely, in-office, and hybrid models.
• A performance-based company that offers 30 calendar days of vacation, 30 days of work from anywhere, excellent career advancement opportunities, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and company shares potential
• Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities.
• Accelerated learning opportunities - attending training, conferences, and events as needed
• An excellent opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
• Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy, and mentoring creates incredible opportunities for you and the company.
Disclaimer: here at Foodics, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Foodics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer
Senior Software Engineer (BE) Cairo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.