Noblis Washington DC United States
1 week ago
The FAA’s System Engineering and Technical Innovative Solutions (SETIS) portfolio will provide a broad range of Research, Service Analysis, Strategic Planning, Systems Engineering (SE), technical, financial, and programmatic support services that will enable the FAA to accomplish its National Airspace System (NAS), Mission Support and other aviation-related objectives...
This exciting and diverse work includes technical, financial, and programmatic support services, and other aviation-related support services that fall within the FAA’s Acquisition Management System (AMS) Lifecycle Management Policy activities, including but not limited to:
• Systems engineering and integration,
• Investment and business case analysis,
• System acquisition program planning and management,
• System development and implementation planning and management,
• System Life Extension Program/Technical Refresh planning,
• Program and contract management,
• Forecasting and business/financial/information management
In addition, the candidate will be involved in Aviation, Innovation, and New Entrants related activities that fall outside the AMS Lifecycle Management Policy. This includes, but is not limited to research, analysis, and assessment supporting the development of systems, standards, policies, published rules, and procedures.
• Provide expert analysis to Air Traffic Control Centers, Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) Towers, and Air Traffic Services (ATS) Headquarters and Regional offices in support of various Nextgen modernization initiatives.
• Provide expert analysis to the FAA to support the development of site implementation and transition planning for National and Regional, Facilities and Equipment, and Capital Investment Plan projects.
• Provide expert analysis to the FAA to help identify, analyze, coordinate, resolve, and report the resolution of implementation issues generated by Capital Investment Plan
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise in air traffic control procedures, equipment, facilities, terminology and technology to business case and Investment, Planning, and Analysis teams.
• Communicate complex knowledge of air traffic control to diverse audiences and in a manner that supports a wide range of analysis.
Air Traffic Control Specialist Qualifications:
• Candidate must have active, full performance level (FPL) ATC experience in any of the following: Terminal, Enroute, Oceanic, Traffic Flow Management, or Flight Service Station;
• Relevant training and/or certifications as an Air Traffic Controller as well as proven work experience as an Air Traffic Controller or similar role;
• Familiarity with Air Traffic Control technology, including radio, computer, navigation, and weather equipment;
• Exceptional communication and decision-making skills;
• Attention to detail and ability to maintain thorough and accurate records;
• Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions;
• Demonstrated cross-functional team collaboration and program management skills in a rapidly changing, high intensity, mission-oriented work environment;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills;
• Customer-service and goal oriented.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• A college degree is not required for this position.
• Equivalent experience in the U.S. Military or international control environment is acceptable.
• 20+ years experience of professional experinece relevant to air traffic control.
Client Engagement· Learn about and support Noblis’ client engagement, corporate values, and corporate strategic priorities, including providing input to proposal writers. · Build a productive relationship with your client and understand their structure and goals. · Participate in the proposal process by providing input to proposal writers.Overview
At Noblis we recognize and reward your contributions, provide you with growth opportunities, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, and work-life programs. Our award programs acknowledge employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our service standards. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in our benefit programs. Other offerings may be provided for employees not within this category. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Benefits page on our Careers site.
Salary at Noblis is determined by various factors, including but not limited to, the combination of education, certifications, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, internal and external equity, location, and clearance level, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements and applicable employment laws. The projected compensation range for this position is provided within the posting and are based on full time status. Part time staff receive a prorated salary based on regularly scheduled hours. The estimated minimum and maximum displayed represents the broadest range for this position (inclusive of high geographic and high clearance requirements), and is just one component of Noblis’ total compensation package for employees.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, and Noblis MSD tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
About the Company:
At Noblis we take pride in solving difficult science, technology, and strategy problems that help our government and our country. By assembling top talent across many different disciplines and domains, we apply expertise to help our customers implement practical solutions.
Headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, the atmosphere at Noblis fosters continuous learning, knowledge sharing, collaboration, independence, and objectivity. We employ only the most accomplished and qualified professionals who work wherever there are challenging problems to solve--near the Washington, DC area and throughout the United States.
500 to 999 employees
Transport and Storage - Materials
Washington DC USA
Jobs in Washington DC United States
Air Traffic Control Specialist Washington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.