SSP America Ashburn VA United States
1 week ago
The Retail Buyer position is an integral part of the Procurement team and will be responsible for product sourcing, negotiating, merchandising planning and implementation across SSP America’s retail and gift shop locations...
In addition, this individual will lead the retail procurement category responsibilities based on current and future volume opportunities, while following all company policies and procedures related to this process. This position will report to the Vice President Procurement and requires up to 35% travel.
• Lead and direct retail sourcing activities related to improving bottom line results for the Company.
• Negotiate with national, regional, and local suppliers and manufacturers across multiple retail-based categories for US ,Canada and Latin America businesses.
• Develop, implement, and manage retail buying and merchandise plans to maximize sales and profitability. Manage product assortments by store/brand location to maximize floor space, market demand, and sales opportunity.
• Utilize RFP and internal Contracts processes.
• Collaborate and work closely cross-departmental (ex. Marketing and Commercial)
• Achieve annual budget, KPI’s and strategic plans.
• Regular attendance as required by SSP America attendance policy.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree Business, Retail Merchandising, or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of successful retail buying experience in gift shop product categories with a preference in airport and/or hotel environments.
• Strong proven negotiating skills and category management experience.
• This position will work closely with SSP Marketing in the development and implementation of product selection and merchandise planning.
• Strong business acumen with desire to make positive impact on the business and drive sales and profitability.
• Proven to have had positive results related to KPI’s, sales and profitability.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
• Proven ability to handle conflict, work under pressure/deal with high pressure scenarios, and resolve uncomfortable situations with clients, customers, peers, and do so while exercising sound judgement and decision making.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and among cross-functional teams with minimal supervision, ability to juggle multiple tasks, successfully manage multiple projects, and effectively prioritize assigned job duties to meet deadlines and objectives.
• Ability to read and formulate action plans, schedule, and keep accurate records.
• Ability to observe existing conditions and derive strengths and/or weaknesses of current state.
• Dynamic and positive attitude to support our PASSION culture and work environment and foster positive working relationships with others in the organization.
SSP America is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against team members and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, protected U.S. military or veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, union activity or any other bases protected by law. All SSP America, Inc. employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination
Ashburn VA USA
Jobs in Ashburn VA United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.