Georg Fischer United States United States
2 weeks ago
We are looking for a Product Development Engineer to join and reinforce the team at our manufacturing facility Georg Fischer Central Plastics in Shawnee, Oklahoma. As a Product Development Engineer, you will play an important role in the internal activities of GF Central Plastics, concerning requirements gathering, development, testing, and bringing the finished products to series... production.
• Minimum requirement of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a technical or scientific field and a minimum of 5 years of product development experience is required.
• Experience with milestone development processes including ideation, design, verification, validation, production, and launch, ideally in a global environment.
• Proficient in SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
• Prior experience in piping design and/or field experience with piping systems is desirable.
• Prior experience with the injection molding of plastics is desirable.
• Project management experience is desirable.
• Ability to write technical literature and develop reports on technical issues.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multi-tasking team environment.
• Practical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities.
• Develop new polyethylene plastic pipe systems that contain pipe, conventional fusion, electrofusion, electrofusion fittings, tools and equipment; natural gas meter sets, risers, transition fittings, and factory-certified installer training programs.
• Participate in all milestone development phases of product development, including ideation, design, verification, validation, production, and launch, collaborating with local and global teams.
• Be a contributing member of major new product development projects and be the project lead of minor new product development projects.
• Create prototypes and validate them in the in-house laboratory as well as in the field.
• Conduct factory and site acceptance testing.
• Develop specifications for capital equipment needed for product development and provide guidance for the selection of vendors and contractors.
• Provide technical advice and assistance as required to aid product launch efforts working closely with product management and sales teams.
• Review existing product portfolio to identify cost reduction and performance enhancement opportunities.
• Develop manufacturing processes, tools, and machinery for cost-effective manufacturing of products.
• Work with the operations teams to develop training plans for new product development equipment.
• Participate in cross-functional teams to develop business propositions and executive summaries which support company growth and profitability.
• Investigate, evaluate, and implement new or improved technology/methods that improve capability, capacity, and overall profitability.
• Work with manufacturing engineering to recommend manufacturing processes.
• Communicate and report on current and planned activities to all levels of the organization
Jobs in United States United States
Product Development Engineer United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.