Blue Ridge Power
Blue Ridge Power Charlotte NC United States
2 weeks ago
Blue Ridge Power is a clean infrastructure construction company for projects across the United States. The company brings integrated engineering, a qualified professional labor force and an expansive fleet of equipment to serve the needs of clients looking for a turnkey solution for solar and solar + storage projects. Blue Ridge Power currently oversees more than 1 GW of operational assets and... has 1.3 GW under construction, with 4.8 GW in the pipeline for construction in 2022 - 24. For more information, visit blueridgepower.com.
The Commissioning Manager will provide leadership in the functional area and is primarily engaged in management activities that establish the direction of a department, function, or project. This position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities. The Commissioning Manager is responsible for managing large complex commissioning projects or overseeing multiple small and/or less complex projects, which may include utility-scale solar and BESS projects. This position reports functionally to the Director of Commissioning and administratively to the assigned project manager and/or site construction manager in the field. This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
There are multiple openings for this position - locations include North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas.
What You'll Do
• Participate in providing a planned, documented, and managed approach to the commissioning, start-up, and turnover of facilities, systems, and equipment to the client.
• Act as the first line of contact for commissioning to the Client Project Manager by conducting regular meetings and maintaining close client relationships.
• Maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders to ensure project success. Collaborate with all stakeholders to prepare energization documents.
• Develop, review and/or revise as necessary pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures. Ensure the commissioning plan complies with the appropriate external regulatory bodies and off-takers requirements.
• Manage and coordinate the field execution of the commissioning process including review of pre-functional checklists, functional testing procedures, and actual functional testing to successfully commission all the company's utility-scale solar and BESS projects.
• Establish system boundaries, scopes of work, and commissioning execution plans.
• Manage the Commissioning field execution interface to ensure safety & quality procedures are maintained.
• Prepare and manage the project commissioning schedule for each project, including resource management of personnel procedures and activities.
• Maintain a safe work environment by administering a proactive environmental, health and safety program oriented towards zero accidents. This includes managing the energization process from initial energization up to full power export, prior to jurisdictional transfer to operations.
• Communicate commissioning roles and scope for members of design and construction teams; understand the commissioning test plans/protocols, and coordinates and/or attends design, construction, and operability reviews.
• Manage, monitor, and track project objectives including the scope of work, schedule, and budget. Conduct and document weekly progress meetings and other routine and special-purpose meetings as required.
• Manage 3rd party testing when necessary and provide technical support.
• Oversee commissioning activities to determine whether the work has been executed in accordance with contract documents, interconnection agreements, manufacturer requirements, applicable quality standards, and safety standards.
• Prepare commissioning progress reports for management, clients, or others as required.
• Develop and/or review written test procedures as well as coordinate, witness, and assure documentation of startup and functional tests.
• Collaborate with Engineering to ensure all Commissioning test documentation is reviewed prior to energization.
• Develop and/or collate lesson learn items and collaborate with the Commissioning Engineers to conduct lessons learned at project completion.
• Supports sales efforts by assisting in sales presentations, estimates, and proposals including negotiating commercial terms.
• Enhance skills, performance, and development of all employees by sponsoring and promoting training programs so that adherence to specifications, codes and standards is ensured.
• Provide mentorship and training and participates in the professional advancement of the Commissioning personnel assigned to the commissioning team, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities and, timely performance feedback.
• Continually improve personal technical, commercial, and organizational knowledge and skills.
• Provide requested support to the Commissioning leadership throughout the overall commissioning process.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• 15 years of work-related experience related to the position.
• 7 years' experience in renewable or traditional energy development and transmission planning.
• 3 years' experience commissioning utility-scale solar projects.
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
• Proficiency in reading design documents such as utility-scale solar, BESS, substation design plans, and equipment specifications.
• A solid understanding of major electrical equipment such as switchgear, VAR systems, Inverters, reclosers, and MV transformers.
• Knowledge and expertise in PV solar equipment including PV modules, combiner boxes, solar trackers, inverters, DAS/SCADA equipment, communications hardware, meteorological sensors, etc.
• Knowledge and expertise in specific PV-specific testing and equipment.
• IV curve tracing or another applicable testing mechanism.
• VOC testing.
• DC operating current checks.
• Familiarity with handheld and drone thermal imaging.
• Knowledge of IEEE 1547, IEEE 2800-2022, and NFPA 70E.
• Required software: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel as minimum).
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of ISO, PJM and Utility interconnection processes.
• Preferred software: Procore, CMS.
• Demonstrated willingness to travel on short notice for short and long-term assignments.
• Ability to develop and implement a detailed and integrated commissioning and start up process and plan.
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study.
• Current and valid driver's license required.
Working Environment and Physical Demand
• 100% travel to assigned project(s); field and on-site office-based work.
• Must have the ability to travel, be flexible in traveling to multiple states, work on-call during off-shift hours, and weekends.
• Must be able to comply with all company safety standards and procedures including OSHA requirements.
• Must follow organization policies and procedures.
• Individuals in this position work in an outdoor environment and must be able to tolerate all climates.
• Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, bend, stand, or walk short to long distances for 8-10 hours a day.
• Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Blue Ridge Power believes in taking care of our employees by offering benefits that support their physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, training, and development, giving back to the community, remote work options, dog-friendly offices, and much more. Blue Ridge Power is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Blue Ridge Power does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
Charlotte NC USA
Jobs in Charlotte NC United States
Commissioning Manager Charlotte jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.