Fraser Shipyards Inc
Fraser Shipyards Inc United States United States
2 weeks ago
If you are looking for a challenging rewarding career, then consider joining Fraser Shipyards! With a passion for the maritime industry, Fraser Shipyards has decades of experience in building and servicing crafts of all shapes and sizes. Customers count on the quality and responsiveness of Fraser's people, products, and services for everything from in situ emergency repairs to brand-new craft to... large industrial fabrications. Known for a commitment to quality, a reputation for reliability and outstanding values, Fraser Shipyards is further committed to provide a safe work environment.
The Marine Commissioning Engineer is integral to systems production and leads commissioning and certification of systems. This position interfaces with system subcontractors and works alongside the production foreman in construction of new vessels. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and has the capability to lead and teach a small crew. This is a deck plate working position mentoring a small team.
• Leads commissioning and certification of systems.
• Interfaces with system subcontractors
• Provides reporting on production completion
• Works alongside production foreman in construction of new vessels
• Responsible to oversee Craft Personnel performing work
• Works closely with design engineers and naval architects to develop BOM for various systems including electrical, hydraulic, hvac, plumbing, propulsion, navigation systems, etc.
• Verifies that BOM and design meet customer specifications and regulatory requirements prior to installation and outfitting
• Oversees technicians installing equipment in the vessel
• Works with commissioning team from manufacturers and suppliers to ensure final installation meets customer needs
• Provides suggestions of alternative designs and/or machinery as dictated by the specification, schedule and financial impact
• Able to take on multiple tasks/projects while working independently
• Design and troubleshoot moderate complexity circuits
• Review wireway designs and confirm viability
• Support the installation of wiring and components.
• Connect generators, transformers, and motors.
• Use test equipment and troubleshoot common issues.
• Estimate types and quantities of materials needed for assignments.
• Knowledge and proficient use of hand and power tools.
• Ability to lay out and perform work independently with little supervision.
• Able to generate Job Safety Analysis, and give direction to crew members
• Able to inspect and verify quality of work
• Able to coordinate work with other crafts
• Timekeeping of crew members
• Delegation and scheduling of work
• Ordering parts and equipment in collaboration with Purchasing
• Assist with project estimations
Required Skills & Abilities
• Ability to read, understand and implement technical specifications
• Ability to read, understand and correctly identify the applicability of various published regulatory requirements
• Ability to read, understand and implement contracts and definitions of scope of work both for Fraser Industries and subcontractors
• Ability to communicate clearly with team members in design engineering, management, sales, quality assurance, and fabrication
• Skilled in 480 VAC, and 208/ 240 VAC, 1 and 3 phase systems
• Skilled in 12VDC and 24 VDC systems
• Skilled in use of Low Voltage Alarm and Control Systems
• Skilled in the installation and connection of Bridge Electronics and Bilge Alarm Systems
• Skilled in the use of various test equipment (Megger, VOM, Amp-meters, etc.)
• Experience in troubleshooting, repair, and installation of motors and motor controls
• Experience in performing and documenting operational testing of various electrical equipment
• Comprehension of schematic diagrams, technical manuals, and the ability to create hand-drawn diagrams of disconnected and/or removed electrical equipment, and the availability to work late afternoons, early mornings, and weekends as needed
• Experience in new vessel construction preferred.
• 8-10 years of marine or industrial repair or new construction experience preferred.
• Individuals with a Merchant Mariner Credentials Third Assistant Engineer of steam or motor propelled vessels, or Chief Limited Engineer are encouraged to apply and may count towards other qualification requirements.
• Applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to employment start.
Position requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, overhead work, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Must be able to work in tight, confined spaces, such as accessing manholes, and awkward positions for long periods of time. Must be able to conduct inside and outside work in all temperatures. Use of manufacturing equipment. Work in environment where harmful dusts, fogs, fumes, gases, etc. might be present and the use of a respirator may be required. Ability to work in inclement weather conditions/areas that at times are not environmentally controlled. Able to move/lift/pull/push 50 lbs.
Applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to employment start.
Fraser Shipyards is an equal opportunity employer including disability and vets.
Fraser Shipyards offers competitive pay with excellent benefits:
• Medical, Dental, & Life Insurance
• 401(k) Contributions
• Paid Time Off, Holidays
• Salaried Continuation Plan and Long-term Disability
Jobs in United States United States
Marine Commissioning Engineer United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.