Fluor Corporation Los Angeles CA United States
1 week ago
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences...
LAX Integrated Express Solutions (LINXS), a Fluor led joint venture, is seeking candidates for the LAX Automated People Mover Project.
LINXS was selected by Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) to design-build, finance, operate and maintain the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Automated People Mover (APM). The LAX APM will provide reliable, time-certain access to the airline terminals for passengers and employees with anticipated use of 30 million passengers per year.
The LAX APM is LAWA's first public-private partnership (P3) project. The project includes a total of six stations, five of which Fluor is building, that will connect a new consolidated rental car facility, intermodal transportation facilities, expanded airport parking and Metro transit to the airline terminals. The project will transform the experience for travelers at one of America's busiest and most iconic airports, while bringing jobs and workforce development opportunities to the local community.
This position reports to the Commissioning and Start-up Manager and is responsible for the development, population, data input, progress status, and reporting of mechanical completion packages/documentation turnover/handover sign-off on large to mega-scale Global Fluor projects worldwide.
This position is responsible for the development, data input, progress status, and reporting of commissioning completion packages/documentation turnover/handover sign-off on a large transit project: The Los Angeles Airport Automated People Mover. This position reports to the Systems Testing and Commissioning Manager. This position may open to commissioning positions on other large and mega scale Global Fluor projects worldwide.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Review completion of commissioning test results submitted by subcontractors, vendors and internal commissioning and quality teams against test procedures
• Verify test results are ready to be compiled into a test report for a specific area of the project along with the identified open items
• Create a process to get test reports for submission to the client and/or for subsystem handover to different testing parties
• Develop, and execute a test report compilation process until it can be fully or partially handled by a non-technical employee
• Review subcontractors, vendors and internal test procedures before submission to the client
• Develop internal test procedures and plans
• Audit system and sub-system completions, report findings and make recommendations for solving identified areas of concern
• Understand, direct, coordinate leading punch list walk downs, meetings and punch list close out
• Review engineering drawings, turnover, pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures to confirm appropriate provisions have been established for testing and other functions related to facility completion
• Work with experienced completion commissioning and start up personnel engaged in pre-commissioning, commissioning, testing and operations activities
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
Notice To Candidates
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To Be Considered Candidates
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
Accredited three to five (3-5) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study (Transit); a recognized professional certification or registration or degree in the applicable field, if required, or if degree not in Transit field at least 3 years of experience in Testing and Commissioning in an engineering field, some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job-related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Attention to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Positive mindset
Other Job Requirements
• Assist in on boarding new team members through coaching and/or other orientation practices
• Understand current capabilities of automation tools and confirm they are being utilized to the full benefit of the department and project
• Assist discipline specific completion teams and commissioning and start up personnel in all phases of final phase execution activities
• Three (3) years of experience in the Transit field
• Ability to speak/read multiple languages
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to travel on short notice both internationally and domestically for short and long-term assignments
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and equipment (computers, faxes, printers, scanners, etc.)
• Ability to build effective relationships with the client, engineering, construction, and vendor personnel
64,500 to 111,500
Fluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law
Los Angeles CA USA
Jobs in Los Angeles CA United States
Associate Commissioning Engineer III Los Angeles jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.