Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. Newberry FL United States
1 week ago
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. (AEI) is a leading, multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm and collaborative community of over 800 employees who plan, design, and deliver high-performance, innovative, and holistic engineering solutions - positively impacting society and advancing humankind...
Recognized in the Top 20 Engineering Firms and Top 3 Science and Technology Firms since 2000 by Building Design + Construction Magazine, AEI is dedicated to enhancing public health and improving patient outcomes, advancing revolutionary biomedical research, and enabling the next generation of scientific discovery and technological innovation through remarkable design and award-winning projects.
From collaborating with the California Air Resources Board to transform air quality in the world's largest, zero net energy emissions testing facility to creating human-centric, technically advanced clinical environments that elevate communities - such as Healthcare Design Magazine's 2022 Design Showcase Winner, Sarasota Memorial Hospital in Venice, Florida - our work reflects the highest standards in sustainable design practices.
As a Commissioning Engineer II in our Gainesville office, you will help us empower our clients to achieve energy-efficient building solutions, save global environments, and create a better, greener future for all.
Here's why we need you:
In this role, you will carry out activities related to project construction and contract administration including developing and coordinating system test procedures, organizing user training sessions, administering functional performance tests, conducting field observations, attending progress meetings, and assisting in document control.
Expertise of our most successful Commissioning Engineer II:
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, or architectural engineering (or another engineering discipline) from an accredited program.
• General understanding of building systems across disciplines and fundamental knowledge in at least one discipline such as HVAC, plumbing/piping, electrical, lighting, instrumentation and controls, or building envelope systems.
• Understanding of applicable design codes, design standards and specification requirements, and ability to interpret them.
• Fundamental knowledge of commissioning processes and commissioning process delivery.
• Proficient in computer operation for engineering calculation programs and ability to learn computer-aided drafting/BIM software for the purpose accessing and interpreting design requirements.
• Commissioning certification with a nationally recognized professional body.
• Valid driver's license and state required vehicle insurance.
Effective skills to help you flourish:
• Experience in combining personal judgment with a wide variety of data and information to perform and evaluate system calculations and design options.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, including carrying out appropriate follow-through with others, delegating work, and giving and receiving constructive feedback. Communicates well with individuals at all levels in the organization and project partners.
• Ability to anticipate project work, and to delegate and balance work for others.
• Ability to access and interpret all types of design and contract instruments including BIM models.
• Ability to apply safety training to specific construction situations and avoid unsafe work environments.
• Experienced in understanding and safely use test and measurement equipment and common tools.
• Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE) or the ability to obtain the Professional Engineering license (PE) in one or more states.
• Strong spoken and written communications skills.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Effective working individually and within team environments.
Our dedication to you:
• AEI passionately invests in our brilliant talent by allowing for personal and professional growth through supporting clients like NASA; the National Institutes of Health and Cone Health System; the US Department of Homeland Security and US Department of Energy; and Stanford University and the California Institute of Technology.
• Our flexible and collaborative work environment demonstrates our dedication to employee appreciation and collective commitment to excellence.
• We provide the opportunity to serve the greater good of humanity through work on cutting-edge, state-of-the-art projects like Promega Corporation's Kornberg Center, The University of Arizona's Biomedical Sciences Partnership Building, AbbVie's West Coast Oncology Hub, and BioMed Realty's Gateway of Pacific.
• Our culture encourages professional development while adhering to a set of core values that drive company and team decisions. Our commitment to these values - innovation and expertise, integrity, communication, quality, responsibility, opportunity, and growth - informs both project decisions and behavior amongst colleagues and clients
• An exceptional benefits package (health, dental, vision) and a year-end bonus based on company profits, individual responsibility, and performance.
We provide the tools and a support system to ensure a thriving career. If this environment and opportunity to work on world-changing projects align with your goals, we would be thrilled to meet you.
Come and collaborate with us!
To be considered, apply online at https://aeieng.com/about/careers/.
If you know other candidates that would excel at this position, please share this posting with them directly via email, or to your network on LinkedIn.
AEI is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Employment Type: OTHER
Newberry FL USA
Jobs in Newberry FL United States
Commissioning Engineer II Newberry jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.