Segula Technologies Boston MA United States
2 weeks ago
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer...
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a Test & Commissioning Engineer to join our growing team in Boston, MA.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!
• Perform system test activities such as breakdown tests, operational and system level tests.
• Conduct tests in compliance with company standards, project requirements, relevant test procedures, safety standards.
• Use of test fixtures and follow functional test procedures.
• Identify operational and technical problems and assist in practical solutions and improvements to system design when appropriate.
• Interface with customers, consultants, and installation contractors, as needed.
• Act as Lead T&C engineer in directing other test personnel.
• Perform installation and testing of field modifications. This may be performed on "live" circuits and on new or existing equipment.
• Assist in the installation and test of factory and field modifications. This may be performed on "live" circuits and on new or existing equipment.
• Assist in the installation and adjustment of various signaling equipment (switch machine, trip stops, track circuits, code systems, Carborne etc.).
• Accurately complete test documentation, data sheets, marking plans, expense reports, daily logs, lost time, and discrepancy reports.
• Maintain location plans to reflect the "as installed or as tested" condition of locations under test.
• Must maintain highest regard for safety, fail safeness, system reliability and system integrity.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or 8+ years equivalent of related experience testing train control systems.
• 5-7 years of related experience with electronics/ electrical background.
• Previous hands-on experience with test equipment (VOMs, DMMs, voltage meters, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, digital multimeters, and signal generators).
• Working knowledge of signaling products and "vital" and "non-vital" circuit concepts.
• Proven railway safety awareness.
• Proven "trouble shooting" skills for problem identification and resolution.
• Assignments often require work to be performed at odd hours and/or extended shifts.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office software.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
• Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge of C++, Visual Basic, and/or Java programming languages.
• Knowledge of software test tools such as Exceed, VMware, subversion.
• All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Boston MA USA
Jobs in Boston MA United States
Test & Commissioning Engineer Boston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.