SNC Lavalin United Kingdom United Kingdom
1 week ago
Atkins have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Chartered Senior or Principal Landscape Architect based in either East of England Region or London office.
Atkins is an award-winning and market-leading global design, engineering, and project management consultancy. Our practice wide team of 75 landscape architects, urban designers and master planners work throughout the UK and internationally, delivering award-winning and inspiring nature-based designs that transform people's lives. We have an established innovative team within Atkins with over 40 years of experience. We are proud of our rich heritage as one of UK's larger landscape practices and the future growth opportunities available within the Atkins landscape, urban design, architecture, and master planning practice.
• We are a regionally focused and nationally connected practice working in a multi-disciplinary environment. We deliver a diverse portfolio of high-profile landscape, public realm and... environmentally focused projects for the public and private sectors.
• We are looking for talented and enthusiastic Chartered Senior or Principal Landscape Architect to join our Landscape Team with a minimum of 5 years post chartered experience.
• The position requires a Chartered Landscape Architect with experience of working with and leading design teams in a multi-discipline environment.
• The role offers a wide variety of experience and provides an excellent opportunity for career progression.
• We are looking for someone with design flair and to support project delivery from feasibility through to construction.
• Experience with educational projects would be beneficial.
• You will have a proactive can-do attitude and demonstrate an innovative approach, high-quality presentation and communication skills, and confidence in undertaking site surveys and writing technical reports.
• We are looking for good interpersonal skills, fluency in English, and an ability to work in a stimulating multi-disciplinary environment as part of an integrated team.
• The role is within our East of England team, with options on office locations including London office. Were possible we offer a hybrid working pattern with time split between collaboration office days with the local team and some home working if this is desirable.
You will need to demonstrate the following capabilities and experience:
• Taking responsibility for projects, leading a team with respect to design, quality, workload and delivery within agreed budgets.
• You will support junior staff in their technical and professional development.
• Be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary environment.
• Landscape Design, supporting projects from feasibility through to detail design.
• An understanding of the principles of SuDS.
• An appreciation of the principles of Biodiversity Net Gain and its part in landscape design.
• Ability to support contract documentation and site supervision.
• Technical knowledge, high-quality presentation and communication skills.
• Familiarity with working in a quality assurance environment.
• Understanding of BIM and delivery experience ideally.
• Curiosity and a passion for creating places that make a positive difference to the environment and the people with in them.
• Design input to a range of projects, including schools, highways, public realm and urban regeneration.
• Commercial management of bids and projects.
• Provision of landscape advice to external and internal clients.
• An understanding of project management.
• Mentoring of junior staff.
• A relevant landscape degree and Post Graduate Diploma or MA.
• Chartered membership of the Landscape Institute min 5 years post chartered experience.
• Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, particularly in the sectors of schools, transport, and urban regeneration.
• Excellent project management skills for multi-disciplinary projects.
• Proven ability to manage budgets.
• Competent in AutoCAD and Adobe software packages with a passion to explore the use of Revit, Sketch Up and Enscape used as a design tool and for presentational outputs.
• Experience and an understanding of BIM.
• Communication through hand drawing.
The successful applicant must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
• Good communication skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard.
• Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines.
• Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision.
• Commercial awareness and business development skills.
• In return, we offer the opportunity to develop, learn and work with a diverse team of specialists across different region on award-winning high-profile projects with a competitive salary and benefits package. There are training opportunities, and career development support that includes technical, project and business management skills with one of the UK's leading design consultancies.
What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual's abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Senior or Principal Landscape Architect United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.