Wesleyan Birmingham United Kingdom
1 week ago
We specialise in providing financial services to some of the nation’s most trusted professions: GPs, hospital doctors, dentists and teachers, and have been doing this since 1841. Our customers are extraordinary - the people who shape the world we live in for the better. We choose to shape our world around the exceptional.
We currently employ around 1400 people, and our success comes from a history of evolving to embrace new challenges. Transformation is key to how we work, so no matter what your job title might be, if you are someone who can help us shape the future, you’ll fit right in and have a voice here.
We are proud supporters of the ABI Making Flexible Work campaign which means we are open to discuss flexible working, job shares and part time options. We also support hybrid ways of working, where you can split your week working from home and our iconic Birmingham city centre / office.
The requirement to come in to the office can vary- we have someone from the team in to... cover on site every day, depending on workloads you could be in 1-2 days per week, sometimes more often if the business requires it.
Our team are currently looking for some support with workload; we’ve had new systems and transformation projects which has meant we are looking for a new colleague to join us on a fixed term contract basis, initially for 12 months.
This team of three longstanding employees have created a supportive and accommodating work environment and are looking forward to welcoming a new colleague to get stuck in.
You will be responsible for the effective provisioning, operation, and maintenance of the Societies communication and security infrastructure environments. You will be accountable for performance, security, maintenance, integrity and availability of our systems and will interface with all levels of stakeholders across the business to ensure the communication network and infrastructure is both robust, fit-for-purpose and secure for business activity.
What you’ll be doing:
· Managing the configuration and maintenance of communications hardware and environments
· Managing the configuration, support and maintenance of the mobile communications infrastructure
· Managing the configuration of the Voice systems and associated applications
· Ensuring the security and integrity of the systems
· Planning and implementation of upgrades
· Producing management reporting information as requested.
· Working within a team to provide support and cover for the department within the agreed departmental service hours.
· Communicating and liaising with all levels of staff.
We know the best teams are made up of inclusive groups of diverse people where everyone’s contribution counts, and we believe everyone has the right to proudly be themselves. We’re building a culture where difference is actively encouraged and simply recruit the best people for the job irrespective of lifestyle, life history and life choices.
We’re looking for:
• Advanced knowledge of administrating and supporting network, telephony and security systems comprising of: Telephony PABX, Contact centre call routing infrastructure, Check Point Firewall, Cisco ASA Firewall, Enterprise WiFi and ISE
• Proven experience understanding of telephony and associated hardware and technologies
• Overall proven of experience of data networking, routers, switches and Wi-Fi
• A proactive approach to work and ongoing continuous improvement
• The ability to work accurately either on individual projects or as a team player
• Experience producing documentation to best practise and standards
• Excellent communications skills
• A good understanding of ITIL
The financials on offer:
• Annual salary of £40,000 - £44,000 per annum (dependent on experience), reviewed annually
• Annual Performance based Bonus
• A great pension scheme – company matched plus 2% (up to 10%).
When you’re working in the office, we’re based on Colmore Circus Queensway in Birmingham
• Close to rail links: 0.1 mile from Snowhill and 0.5 mile from New Street
• Free onsite car parking available (bookable in advance to secure your spot)
• We operate truly flexible working – keep a healthy work-life balance with days from home and in the office
Reward and Recognition (The core benefits you’d probably expect)
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days with service anniversaries).
• Buy extra holiday days or sell holiday you don’t need.
• Life assurance – worth four times your base pay
• Flexible benefits – includes our travel loan/car parking scheme, cycle to work programme plus others
• Discounts – across major brands in retail, health, wellbeing and leisure.
• Employee assistance programme – we help you, take care of you
Flexible & Inclusive (The extras you might be surprised by):
• Culture day- an additional day off to utilise in any way you personally choose
• Volunteering days – 2 paid days per year
• Health checks – access to unlimited video GP consultations
• Enhanced Maternity Pay: 16 weeks at 100% average earnings (decreasing over time)
• Enhanced Paternity Pay: 100% of average earnings for up to 8 weeks
• Menopause Support Plans
• Access to Mental Health First Aiders
• Salary sacrifice scheme for ultra-low emission cars (electric and plug in hybrids)
• We are committed to the personal and professional growth of our people: across 2021 and 2022 so far, of the circa 850 roles we’ve offered, 29% of these went to internal colleagues to further their careers
• The Wesleyan Foundation- we’ve donated over £4.3 million to worthy causes across the UK.
• We are committed to continuing to understand and improve the impact we have on society and our environment. Sustainability at Wesleyan.
• Supporters of the Women in Finance Charter and a founding member of the Women in Business network
• Stonewall Bronze Award
• From our most recent Employee Survey, 75% of our people see their colleagues as friends
• Here’s what our people say about us: EVP (INT) - Why do you like working at Wesleyan?
We are unable to provide VISA sponsorship, and therefore cannot employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK – within our recruitment process you will be asked to provide evidence of your Right to Work.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
We reserve the right to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications; we would therefore recommend an early application if you’d like to be considered for our opportunities
Jobs in Birmingham United Kingdom
Network Infrastructure Engineer Birmingham jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.