MJ QUINN INTEGRATED SERVICES LTD
MJ QUINN INTEGRATED SERVICES LTD England United Kingdom
1 week ago
Are you task focused? Do you get job satisfaction by finishing work to a high standard? If so, we have an unique opportunity for you to join our team as a Telecommunications Engineer.
About the Opportunity
MJ Quinn have been established for over 40 years and operate in all parts of the UK.
We are looking for individuals within the Shropshire region - Telford, Shrewsbury, Ironbridge and Wolverhampton area who would like to start or develop a career within telecommunications.
Working on a self-employed basis, you will be paid on a job by job basis and your main role will be to install superfast and ultrafast broadband to customers. Our engineers connect thousands of customers every day.
On completion of the training course we will provide you with the full accreditations that will allow you to start working in the telecommunications industry in the UK.
The initial training course will take between 2-3 weeks and then you will have a further 6-8 weeks of in-field training. You will be... paired with a skilled engineer in the field to gain an insight into the day-to-day tasks and allow for practical, hands-on experience on the network. During your training period we will fund a training rate of £80 per person per day. You will also be provided you with full PPE, an MJ Quinn branded vehicle and all the necessary equipment you will need in the role.
The training will take place at out state of the art Training Academy located in Knowsley.
Accommodation and meal packages will be provided during your training period.
Once you have been signed off as competent to work on your own, your role will include:
• Checking and accepting incoming jobs using a device.
• Installing new cables from the local distribution point to the customers property.
• Providing the final part of the connection into a customer’s property.
• Working underground, internally and at heights.
• Testing line function’s using handheld testing equipment.
• Ensuring that you are leaving the working area clean and tidy.
• Providing excellent customer service to all of our customers.
• Working safely and responsibly within MJ Quinn’s values and operational policies, procedures, and accepted behaviours to avoid harm to yourself, those around you and our neighbours and communities.
In order to be successful in this role you will need the following:
• A full UK driving licence, held for over 12 months with no more than 6 points.
• A clean criminal record.
• To be physically fit with the ability to climb telegraph poles (up to 6 times per day).
• The willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• The availability to complete further training once in the field.
• The ability to travel to and from various job locations within your working area, including working away from home.
• Good communication skills with the ability to deliver excellent customer services.
• The ability to maintain and build up a good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including colleagues, customers and suppliers.
• Basic Maths and English skills.
For further information one the role please visit New Engineer FAQ – YouTube or contact our recruitment team on 0151 547 8800.
If this sounds like the role for you then simply click apply now
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: £150.00-£200.00 per day
• Monday to Friday
• Do you live in the Mid Wales and Shropshire Area of the UK?
• Have you held your driving licence for more than 12 months? (required)
Work Location: On the road
Jobs in England United Kingdom
Telecommunication Engineer England jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.