WSP in the UK
WSP in the UK Cardiff United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our Rail business click on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP: https://www.wsp.com/en-GB/hubs/transit
Your new role, what's involved?
In undertaking this role you will:
• Deliver Telecoms solutions within larger multi-disciplinary technical teams for a number of our projects and support resolution of complex technical problems
• Design and co-ordinate telecom designs across all stages of the design lifecycle
• With support from the wider technical team, provide technical advice to both internal company disciplines as well as clients
• Conduct site... surveys
The role will be based in one of our iconic city centre offices throughout the UK, primarily Birmingham, Glasgow, London or Manchester. Our offices provide a quality, flexible and dynamic working space focused on the health and wellbeing of our staff and benefits from innovative design, substantial amounts of natural light, open collaborative spaces and easy access to public transport.
You will work on exciting and inspiring projects for a variety of Infrastructure Owners, National and Local Governments, Public and Private Sector clients including Network Rail, TfGM, HS2, Regional Transport Bodies and Contractors. You will be part of a Telecoms Team that gets involved in asset renewals andnew telecoms infrastructure through all stages of design. Due to the nature of our work, our projects aren’t limited to purely rail as we are able to apply our knowledge and skills to a range of industries.
You will be part of a team of professionally qualified, talented and diverse individuals that work great together on the designand integration of various telecoms systems and sub-systems including:
• Fixed Telecommunications Network (FTN and FTNx).
• Radio systems in UK Rail operations (GSM-R primarily).
• Structured Cabling infrastructure – Copperand fibre optic.
• Network switching protocols.
• Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Systems.
• EN54 Public Address and Voice Alarm Systems.
• Integration of Station / Building Management Systems (SMS, BMS).
• Securityand Access Control Systems.
• Wireless Network Architecture.
• Telephony and communication assets.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
We are actively seeking recognised Engineers who has previous experience in Railway Telecommunications and a proven track record in the delivery of designs.
We are looking for candidates with:
• Experience in the design and delivery in any of the areas of expertise listed above.
• Experience across a number of stages of the full project lifecycle from initial feasibility studies to detailed design and implementation.
• An ability to manage multiple workstreams, balancing priorities, making value and delivery judgements / decisions to meet or exceed our client’s expectations.
• A degree in Telecoms or transferable engineering subject and/or suitable related experience.
• A chartered professional, or working towards chartership, with a relevant Institution.
• Ideally have Personal Track Safety (PTS) certification but not mandatory.
What's in it for you?
• Work-life balance?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
• Inclusivity & Diversity?
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP’s Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
• Health & Wellbeing?
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
• Flex your time?
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
• Your development?
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date
Jobs in Cardiff United Kingdom
Rail Telecoms Engineer Cardiff jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.