KBR Adelaide SA Australia
1 week ago
We are renowned for working in partnership with our clients and construction partners to deliver exceptional outcomes based on our collaborative approach and our “One Team” value.
In Australia, KBR employ over 1000 people with offices in each state. Our project delivery track record, industry profile and strong relationships have enabled us to grow significantly, and we continue to expand. This continued growth allows us to offer unrivalled opportunities to our staff in terms of career paths, career development and project exposure.
Creating a superb culture is also huge for us and a key part of our success and growth. Genuine collaboration across the business is integral to how we work.
As a company, KBR have created an open, inclusive organisation where people matter, are valued, and cared about. By joining KBR, you can be assured that you are joining a team that pulls in the same direction and shares common values.
About the Opportunity
KBR is very well positioned to support... the Department of Defence to deliver on the Nuclear Submarine Infrastructure pipeline made clear as part of the Government’s recent announcements.
During this very exciting growth period, we have an opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer to join our team to support and lead Adelaide-based projects and other KBR locations executing buildings and infrastructure components of large defence, transport, industrial and water.
Reporting to the Structural Discipline Manager, you will provide technical leadership within the structural engineering discipline and manage complex project scope and development tasks in a multidisciplinary context.
You will lead a group of engineers under broad direction and will be responsible for the provision of engineering services related to structures across the Buildings, Defence, Transport, Water and Energy Market Sectors.
In this role you will:
• Work with all project stakeholders to understand project drivers, budget, schedule, risks, and quality and ensure the design team adequately manages these elements through effective leadership
• Provide direction and guidance to create team alignment and develop a high performing design team
• Ensure project deliverables are being delivered compliant with the project objectives and KBR’s integrated management system requirements
• Ensure that critical project issues are addressed in a timely manner and that the team is involved in the development and execution of any mitigation plans
• Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, statutory authorities, and service consultants and be responsible for managing and developing these relationships
• Actively participate in the expansion of the business under supervision by marketing to potential clients and assisting with the preparation of marketing proposals and bids
• Provide the project lead role on structural engineering design during concept, design development, detailed design, and construction phases of buildings structures projects
• Manage a team of engineers and drafters, leading them towards an agreed outcome and implementing corrective action where team is deviating from plan
• Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgement in making minor adaptations and modifications
• Prepare design calculations and specifications, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities
• As Project Manager, plan, setup and deliver allocated projects on time, on budget and within Health, Safety & Environment (HSE), quality
• As Design manager, guide and supervise the team, plan and control time and budget, delegate work to and supervise lower-level professional staff
• Review other engineers’ designs or drafter’s documentation and provide constructive feedback to further develop quality of deliverables
• Actively maintain and enhance technical reputation and relationships in relevant industry sectors
As the ideal applicant you will have:
• Significant knowledge and experience in a principal and leadership role buildings and defence projects
• Experience working within a defence and engineering consulting environment
• Australian citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a baseline Defence security clearance
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering, or aligned discipline
• A higher-level degree or post graduate qualification in an aligned field such as project management or business management will be an advantage
• Experience in leading team sand delivering projects worth $50M and up
• A Chartered Member (CPEng) credential from Engineers Australia or the ability to obtain chartership within a reasonable agreed time frame
• A Practical knowledge and commitment to Health and Safety
What do KBR offer?
We are committed to social and environmental sustainability and delivering projects with a digital mindset that drives innovation within our business, for our customers and stakeholders.
Our people blend seamlessly into customer teams to help create a positive impact on the communities and environments they seek to improve. Our expertise and adaptability are unmatched and continues to meet the demands of tomorrow to help shape Australia’s future for the better.
Together, we deliver Infrastructure for a better tomorrow.
Infrastructure Solutions Australia overview brochure: https://kbr.foleon.com/is-australia/who-we-are/
In addition to working on some fantastic projects, KBR offers an array of benefits focused on providing our people with a great working environment, continual career development, Family friendly flexible work arrangements and work life balance.
Our culture, and our genuine focus on our people is a major factor in our success and we want you to be part of our journey.
Our benefits include:
• Industry leading salaries, reviewed annually
• 33 days of leave per year (20 days annual leave plus an additional day off every 4 weeks)
• Salary packaging and Novated leases
• Paid professional membership fees
• Flexible work arrangements (start/finish times, WFH, Flex time)
• End of trip facilities
• Employee stock purchase plans
• Paid parental leave
• Growth and promotion opportunities
• Diversity and Inclusion support
Help shape tomorrow by applying today!
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to leave your impact on our society with one of Australia’s leading infrastructure businesses. Apply now and follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with all the latest news and job opportunities.
KBR values an inclusive and diverse work environment, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Our hiring decisions are based on the key requirements of each role and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and experiences.
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
• Reviews from people working in the industry
Adelaide SA Australia
Principal Structural Engineer Adelaide SA jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.