Wood Perth WA Australia
1 week ago
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Structural Engineer (CCS) to join our Operations business in Perth, Western Australia. This role is a permanent requirement to support deliverables for a new, key energy client.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region’s most prominent producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory, Kazakhstan, and Sakhalin.
Reporting to the Structural Engineering Manager, you will be working across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery, with a focus on design. To be successful in your Principal Structural Engineer role, you will have prior Senior/ Principal engineer level working experience in the Offshore LNG, Oil & Gas sectors within an EPCM engineering and maintenance project environment with both onshore and offshore scope of work engagements.
• Focal point for... Structural engineering activities across the project life cycle (Concept, FEED, detailed design) to produce fit for purpose solution
• Produce cost effective Structural engineering reports, documents and deliverables for inclusion in workpacks
• Support and mentor junior engineers and designers
• Ensure as far as practically possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
• Provide technical assistance to others when required.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs.
At Wood, you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
You must be an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency (PR) and be able to work lawfully in Australia to be considered for this opportunity.
Ideally, you will be a suitably qualified engineer with a degree from a recognised institution and have:
• 14+ years relevant experience as a Structural Engineer in the Australian Oil & Gas industry
• Experience in Offshore site environment and site surveying/scoping
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the client
• Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise
• Experience in the use of relevant software packages (e.g. SACS, StaadPro)
• Experience in the use of API, AISC and ISO design codes.
What may set you apart will be your prior experience within Brownfield EPCM projects.
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow’s solutions to the world’s most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are a driven Senior / Principal Structural Engineer, apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Shortlisting will commence immediately after.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws
Perth WA Australia
Principal Structural Engineer Perth WA jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.