Swiss Re Toronto Canada
2 weeks ago
The L&H Modelling Centre of Excellence (MCoE) is a large global team, responsible for creating and understanding the AXIS actuarial models and supporting tools relied on by hundreds of actuaries responsible for financial reporting and business steering across all Swiss Re L&H Reinsurance locations (US, Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia). Two teams have recently been combined to form this now global team, and the combined team is refocused on creating consistent, intuitive and highly efficient AXIS models and modelling tools for the entire L&H portfolio.
With a team size of approx. 50 based across 4 global locations, the MCoE works closely with stakeholders to understand their actuarial modelling needs and executes the end-to-end modelling and tool development process including specifications, development, testing, governance and maintenance. The MCoE is also involved in driving new technologies to use data insights, and on optimizing modelling processes by implementing... innovative solutions to achieve automation and efficiency.
As a qualified/part qualified actuary with 5+ years of life insurance/reinsurance experience, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate sound technical knowledge in developing actuarial projection models, understanding the actuarial assumptions, data and methodology, and in analysing and explaining cashflow and reserve projections.
About The Role
• Play the AXIS MCoE Squad Lead, Demand Lead, Peer Reviewer or Champion roles as needed.
• Own and craft robust AXIS models and supporting tools to ensure they are fit for purpose, robust, efficient, in line with best practice and improve value to our stakeholders.
• Drive initiatives to improve efficiency and automation of modelling processes.
• Develop, steer and promote best practice on modelling tools, model maintenance, actuarial analysis, and more.
• Support team learning and development, ensuring sustainability and continuous growth of our highly skilled modelling service.
• Enhance and spread your expertise on the AXIS modelling platform, Swiss Re's wider valuation systems landscape, L&H (re)insurance business, and regulatory and accounting rules
• Collaborate with other team members to steer the prioritization of work requests and to recommend most suitable solutions for the business.
• Support optimization of our operational and governance framework to ensure MCoE activities are conducted effectively and add most value in a controlled, transparent, efficient, fast and flexible manner.
• Explore new technologies, including new tools available from Moody's to improve the wider modelling process
• Highly proficient in AXIS and SQL.
• Experience with L&H pricing and/or valuation in the insurance and/or reinsurance industry.
• Leadership traits and exposure.
• Exemplary communication, negotiation, and social skills to build and maintain positive relationships, internally within the team and externally with key partners.
• Reliability – integrity, judgement, energy/will, ownership, analytical power.
• Experience working successfully across multiple simultaneous projects, at times involving cross functional teams spanning multiple locations.
• Ability to prioritize and offer creative perspectives to improve quality and value of deliverables.
• Experience mentoring and coaching team members of varying experience and driving team engagement.
• Growth mentality with a desire to learn from highly skilled industry professionals across multiple fields to grow your professional development
Senior Actuarial Analyst Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.