ERM Ottawa Canada
2 weeks ago
ERM is seeking a Principal Consultant to join our Canada team with a focus on social performance, stakeholder/Indigenous engagement, and/or strategic communications. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership with regard to one or more of these practice areas. They will be responsive and adaptable to rapidly evolving legal, regulatory and social expectations to advise clients and secure timely approvals for natural resource projects in Canada. This is a full-time, permanent position.
• Provide technical expertise, leadership and project management for a wide variety of projects related to mining, oil and gas, power, renewables, and other sectors. Expected project delivery activities may relate to public and Indigenous engagement programs; impact assessments; strategy development and implementation; report writing and review/editing; development of recommendations for clients.
• Mentor junior- and mid-level consulting staff to support development of... their skill sets including technical skills, project experience, and general consulting and decision-making skills.
• Contribute to proposals and business development, including development of technical scopes and cost estimates in accordance with ERM’s policies and processes.
• Maintain client relationships to support new and repeat business.
• Work with other global ERM resources to deepen relationships with ERM key clients to expand ERM’s profile and market share through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
• Post-secondary degree in international development, economics, social science, law, geography, public health, public policy, political science, resource management, anthropology or a similar degree. Masters degree (or higher) is an asset.
• 12+ years of progressively responsible experience including project management and oversight of team-based projects. Experience in a consulting role is an asset.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Fluency in English is required. Working ability (speaking and writing) in other languages (especially French or Spanish) is an asset.
• Versatile, responsive, and results-oriented, with strong critical thinking skills.
• Exceptional communication and technical writing skills, with a keen attention to detail.
• Strong ability to organize, prioritize and complete deadline-driven tasks as well as flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines. Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Well-developed teambuilding skills and demonstrated experience working with a diverse team including mentorship and/or line management of more junior staff.
• Ability to present information to clients, stakeholders, Indigenous communities, and colleagues in a concise and persuasive manner.
• Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges and recognize commercial opportunities.
• Strong commitment to safety, including following established health and safety protocols
• Willing and able to travel domestically and, if required, internationally.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM
Principal Consultant - Social Performance / Stakeholder Engagement... Ottawa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.