Homewood Health Guelph Canada
1 week ago
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As Senior Accountant, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you’ll be doing:
• Review and approval of accounting transactions and reconciliations, ensuring financial statements are accurate and timely
• Oversee all month end and year-end processes
• Cash forecasting and bank reporting
• Supervision of Accounting team
• Provide exceptional customer service and accounting expertise to cross-functional areas
• Lead the year-end external audit process, preparation of working papers, respond to audit queries and... information requests
• Support the preparation of budgets and reporting
• Prepare special month end reports to facilitate management decision making
• Seek and implement continuous process improvement and work flow efficiencies across the finance department
• Support senior management with special projects and other financial analysis as required
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum three (3) years of relevant accounting experience; experience in a healthcare environment is an asset
• Supervisory experience preferred
• University or College degree in a related field
• Recognized professional accounting designation, or nearing completion (Core 2, or above)
• Experience with AS400, Infinium, and/or MS Dynamics is an asset
• Exceptional knowledge of Excel including data manipulation and analysis techniques
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to discuss observations of financial information with management at all levels
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and implement recommended course of action
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.