Health Sciences North
Health Sciences North Greater Sudbury Canada
2 weeks ago
ACCOUNTANT, Financial Planning and Program Support
Join Northeastern Ontario’s Health Care Leaders!
Posting #: 2963
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
A dynamic and growing health care environment awaits you in Sudbury Ontario: Canada’s happiest city! Surrounded by provincial parks and over 200 lakes, Greater Sudbury has over 160,000 residents and is a rich mix of urban, suburban, rural and wilderness environments. Just a one hour flight or four-hour drive from Toronto; here, you will experience the balance of a challenging technological career and a comfortable lifestyle, right in the heart of Northern Ontario’s largest city.
Health Sciences North (HSN) is seeking an innovative leader for the position of Accountant to provide financial expertise and guidance for budgeting and forecasting to a diverse portfolio of programs across HSN; educate and engage with all levels of management concerning matters of operation; and participate in hands-on... problem solving activities and improvement work. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, from an accredited university, and a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or an equivalent designation. Successful completion of Level I and Level II Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards Certification and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in accounting, preferably in a health care environment is preferred.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment and are looking for a rewarding career opportunity, you are encouraged to view the full job description on the HSN Careers Website.
We offer competitive salary and vacation, extended health and dental benefits, a pension plan through HOOPP and relocation allowance to assist with moving expenses.
Interested applicants are asked to apply directly to posting # 2963 by May 24, 2023 at 11:59 pm on the HSN Careers Website at hsnsudbury.ca/careers.
Finance Planning & Program Support
Police Check Requirement
Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check
Sudbury Outpatient Centre- Management Management
$90,129.00 to $106,060.50 / annum
Application Closing Date
May 24, 2023
Provide financial expertise and guidance for budgeting and forecasting to a diverse portfolio of programs across HSN. Educate and engage with all levels of management concerning matters of operation; participate in hands-on problem solving activities and improvement work.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Financial Planning and Program Support.
• Ensure HSN is in compliance with the Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); encourage and influence organizational compliance to the Ontario Health Care Reporting Standards (OHRS) and provide consultation and educational services to all levels of management to ensure quality financial data is used to inform and support decision making, internally and externally.
• Monitor HSN’s financial status of programs; perform detailed analysis of the monthly financial results by assigned program; include documenting the outcome and investigating areas of concern in order to explain or ensure corrective action for all material variances as well as assist in forecasting year end results.
• Investigate and/or respond to requests on issues that may have a financial impact on the organization and provide analysis, alternatives and recommendations.
• Maintain current knowledge of the Ontario Case Costing standards and health system funding methodologies and make recommendations on improving data quality; work collaboratively with the patient costing team, HSN programs and medical staff to ensure continued improvement of patient costing data that is used to inform internal and external decision making.
• Complete, analyze and ensure the accuracy of various key corporate financial reports within prescribed timelines and according to the specific needs of various stakeholders and various other funding or governing agencies.
• Act as a consultant in the development of business plans when new programs or services are being planned; review, provide advice and make recommendations where appropriate.
• Ensure HSN operates in compliance with accounting principles and internal financial policies.
• Complete supplementary program specific audits that require the preparation of year-end reconciliations, year-end financial and statistical reports.
• Recommend and operationalise improvements to the budget process, communication, timelines, and budget tools.
• Provide technical and professional expertise to management during the budget process; including reviewing related corporate budget strategies, analyzing budget submissions, and providing recommendations for revisions.
• Assist all levels of management with various internal budget presentations; also prepare budget submissions to external agencies.
• Create and deliver education sessions and provide training to all levels of management and front line staff on matters relating to financial statement analysis, budget preparation, forecasting, OHRS, Patient Costing, etc.
• Demonstrate the effective use of the financial system to managers.
• Coach and mentor various levels of management and finance staff.
• Perform and review reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet accounts.
• Determine and align improvement projects with HSN’s Strategic Plan; monitor and adjust to achieve goal outcomes.
• Participate in the accreditation process and work to ensure that the program and HSN achieve, maintain and continually improve upon their accredited status.
• Teach, coach and lead staff in the development and monitoring of quality indicators and improvement initiatives.
• Engage in and foster professional development of all staff and provide opportunities for learning within budgeted resources.
• Ensure a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors; investigate report, debrief and take or direct corrective action as required on incidents.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders/organizations/community groups to achieve program objectives, integrate and link services and foster partnerships across the continuum of service delivery.
• Participate in education and training specific to current, relevant federal and provincial health and safety legislation, standards and guidelines.
• Represent the department or program on various committees and in meetings as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Minimum of a four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, from an accredited university.
• A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or an equivalent designation is required.
• Successful completion of Level I and Level II Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards Certification is preferred.
• Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in accounting, preferably in a health care environment.
• Training or recent experience with project management is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of hospital reporting, statistical data, workload measurement systems and key performance indicators.
• Demonstrated excellent financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting skills.
• Demonstrated excellent presentation skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Health System Funding Reform, Case Costing, Ontario Hospital Reporting Standards, the Ontario Cost Distribution Methodology, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Demonstrated superior technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to formulate recommendations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage routine correspondence, multiple tasks/projects, diversified workload rapidly changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to coach, advise, and teach others using the principles of adult learning.
• Demonstrated training, experience or utilization of lean methodology for process improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, plan improvements, measure success and continue improvement.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation and principles of management, hospital committee structure, conflict management and resolution, system needs analysis and organizational assessment.
• Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with health care providers and employees.
• Demonstrated excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and patient information systems.
• Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated commitment to the safety of co-workers and patients.
• Successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC) is required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
• Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Demonstrated positive work record and excellent attendance record.
• Ability to meet the physical and sensory demands of the job.
• Ability to travel between local sites.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected for this position on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in the resume and completed Application Form submitted. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal interview where required.
HSN THANKS ALL APPLICANTS.
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME
Greater Sudbury ON
Jobs in Greater Sudbury Canada
Accountant Greater Sudbury jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.