The Strongman Group
The Strongman Group North Vancouver Canada
2 weeks ago
(office based position)
The Strongman Group is a real estate investment, management and development company specializing in commercial retail. The Strongman Group remains a family business, now in its fourth generation, with its roots dating back to 1908. Today, The Strongman Group owns and manages over $200 million of commercial real estate assets throughout Western Canada and Ontario. The Strongman Group has several real estate investment companies under management. The Strongman Group continues to diversify and expand its real estate holdings, including investing in other high growth businesses.
The Strongman Group is currently looking for a Property Accountant professional to join the team. The Property Accountant leads the commercial property management accounting for the various properties under management, provides financial information to management and assures timeliness and accuracy of the company’s financial records and information... The Property Accountant reports directly to the Controller and supervises a team of two Accountants.
Primary duties will include but not be limited to the following:
• Leads and performs property level full cycle accounting, including preparing property budgets, year-end CAM reconciliations
• Records monthly, quarterly and annual year end property and corporate level journal entries for financial statements in an accurate and timely manner.
• Prepares property and corporate financial statements and provides balance sheet and profit and loss variance analyses, and other reports to external accounting firm for purposes of annual assurance and tax compliance filings.
• Prepare quarterly financial statements and variance analysis for companies under management.
• Documents and records regular financial transactions through journal entries and maintains the general ledger for properties and companies under management.
• Assists the Controller by performing Treasury and online banking functions.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Oversees and mentors accounting staff (two Accountants) by coordinating activities and assisting in their duties when needed.
• Works with property management and leasing teams to provide timely accounting analyses and responds to leasing and property management requests.
• Assists in project accounting for property development projects.
• Assists in accounting system (Sage 300) updates and staff training.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• At least three years of experience with commercial property management.
• A university degree in business or equivalent
• Designated accounting degree (CPA preferred)
• Experience in both corporate and property management accounting.
• Small business / family business corporate accounting and tax experience
• Ability to adapt in an entrepreneurial company environment and to take on new roles and varied responsibilities would be an asset. The role includes both property management and small business / family business corporate accounting.
• High attention to detail and experience in analyzing and applying detailed and specific lease clauses to property budgets and CAM reconciliations
• Accounting IT systems experience (Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate preferred).
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
This position is based in North Vancouver and. You can expect to find a fantastic work environment and the selected candidate will receive a competitive compensation package as well as excellent benefits. To be considered, please forward your resume to [email protected]. Please do not contact the Company directly and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
More about the Strongman Group:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
• Vision care
• Wellness program
• Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus pay
Work Location: In person
North Vancouver BC
Jobs in North Vancouver Canada
Property Accountant North Vancouver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.