ABB Schweiz AG
ABB Schweiz AG Turgi Switzerland
2 weeks ago
Project Lead Engineer – Gas Turbine Application m/f/d (80-100%)Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will play a central role in customer binding and sound execution of DCS (Distributed Control Systems) projects typically in the power generation market. As project lead with technical account manager responsibilities, you elaborate with the customer the ideal solutions to his needs followed with design authority for fulfillment of the engineering projects and service contracts in our Energy Industries division based in Turgi... Switzerland.
Reporting to the Engineering Team Lead you will drive excellence, making technical recommendations to ensure that engineering activities are effectively executed in accordance with expectations, specifications, standards, and safety requirements, while identifying improvement opportunities.
• Acting as technical project lead for after sales DCS engineering projects covering the full project lifecycle, in particular in the field of Alstom legacy gas turbine application
• Responsible for sound planning and execution of the projects
• Build strong customer relationship on technical, maintenance and operational level and assist customers in technical needs
• Identifying business opportunities leveraging the full breath of ABB service portfolio
• Providing technical details, costs, and deliverables for sales proposals, while supporting project managers in technical aspects and discussions with customers and others
• Resolving complex technical issues, both remotely and at customer sites in Switzerland and occasionally international
• Working and networking with engineering colleagues, disseminating best practices
• A bachelor’s degree in electrical / mechanical engineering or similar field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in DCS project engineering ideally, working as project lead or control system engineer with knowledge of DCS Products (e.g., ABB 800xA) in particular in the field of Alstom legacy gas turbine
• Fluency in English and German, French is an asset
• A high level of self-motivation, curiosity, and desire to learn about new technologies
• High ability to identify customer needs and turn into sales opportunities
• A collaborative and solutions-oriented approach with strong written and spoken communication skills
• Sound knowledge in engineering techniques, processes, and tools, including project basis in project management
• Flexible work practices
• Gym membership
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed.
Are you ready to take off a new journey with ABB? This is your opportunity! We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Ceren Oezen, Talent Partner at ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website ABB Data Privacy Statement
Project Lead Engineer – Gas Turbine Turgi jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.