The University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
The University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center New York NY United States
2 weeks ago
We are on the lookout for a focused Administrative Assistant, Family Medicine to join our passionate team at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Type, TX.
Growing your career as a Full Time Administrative Assistant, Family Medicine is an amazing opportunity to develop excellent skills.
If you are strong in planning, persuasion and have the right initiative for the job, then... apply for the position of Administrative Assistant, Family Medicine at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center today!
Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care, resources, and benefits for our valued patients and employees. With over 20,000 employees, we are committed to continuing our growth with the best professionals in the healthcare industry. We invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
The department of Family Medicine has an opening for an Administrative Assistant to join the team. This position will report to the Coordinator of the Chair’s office and will assist with providing administrative support to the Department Chair and the Department Administrator. The ideal candidate should have strong organizational skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills, be a team player, have a positive can-do attitude and be eager to learn. This position is primarily on campus with the possibility of becoming hybrid based on business needs.
Departmental Job Duties
• Prepare and submit forms
• Department liaison with internal departments and services
• Processing expenses and procurement ordering
• Oversee travel arrangements and reimbursements
• Take meeting minutes
• Maintain order logs and manage supplies
Experience and Education
• High school graduation or GED and two (2) years related secretarial/administrative experience.
• Testing may be required.
• May consider higher education completed in lieu of minimum requirements.
• Transcribes dictation that may involve use of medical or scientific terminology; ensures correct format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Types correspondence, memorandums, grants, manuscripts, book chapters, etc. from complex rough drafts, which may involve special formats and complicated footnotes.
• Composes letters, memorandums, and other non-routine correspondence for supervisor's signature.
• Processes and submits online forms; pays invoices.
• Coordinates meetings and conferences for supervisor or other staff members.
• Makes appointments and maintains supervisor's calendar; makes travel and hotel reservations for supervisor or other staff members.
• Receives, screens, and directs visitors as required; answers and makes telephone calls; transfers calls, takes messages, or answers questions as necessary, including patient related calls and appointments.
• Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail; makes copies; faxes documents; makes deliveries on and off campus.
• Completes moderately complex projects and reports as requested by supervisor using word processing, spreadsheet, or database applications.
• Retrieves articles from Library; makes copies, including performing online library searches.
• Maintains various files and records for operating unit, which may include vacation/sick leave, personnel files, etc.; handles confidential and sensitive information in appropriate manner.
• Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions:
• Directly interacting with or caring for patients.
• Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants.
• Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing, or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records).
• Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing, or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Benefits of working as a Administrative Assistant, Family Medicine in Type, TX:
● Company offers great benefits
● Company offers career progression opportunities
● Attractive package
New York NY USA
Jobs in New York NY United States
Administrative Assistant/ Family Medicine - Immediate Start New York jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.