Texas Southmost College
Texas Southmost College Brownsville TX United States
3 weeks ago
Location: Main Campus...
Position Length: Full-Time
The Senior Administrative Assistant performs a range of technical, administrative and clerical duties providing support to the Vice President office, to students, faculty and staff. This position also greets visitors, monitors visitor access, responds to public inquiries and provides information about the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides administrative support and assistance to the Vice President.
• Maintains and coordinates the Vice President's schedule and ensures that resources needed for meetings/events are ready in a timely manner.
• Communicates regularly, effectively, courteously and professionally with faculty, staff, students, various local and state officials, community members and visitors in person, on the telephone and via email.
• Maintains updated records of department budgets and monthly expenditures.
• Prepares memorandums.
• Acts as custodian of college documents and records.
• Prepares and files legal documents with external agencies accordingly.
• Schedules appointments, composes and types correspondence and meeting minutes, and performs other administrative and clerical duties.
• Works with word processing, spreadsheet and database software to complete administrative tasks.
• Provides supervision over other administrative assistants, student workers and/or other clerical staff in the office.
• Prepares materials for special events such as invitations, guest lists, RSVPs, programs, etc.
• Maintains an effective and efficient file management system in the office.
• Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and directs visitors to appropriate person.
• Makes travel arrangements and prepares materials as needed for the Vice President.
• Compiles and analyzes statistical and budget related reports and maintains related databases.
• Schedules room reservations.
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics.
• Maintains and orders office supplies and processes purchases of such items.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite.
• Completes duties and responsibilities in compliance with college standards, policies and guidelines.
• Promotes positive morale and teamwork within the functional unit and provides exceptional customer service to students, faculty and the community.
• Uses interpersonal skills and makes sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed between coworkers, the supervisory chain, faculty, staff, students, and customers.
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored by Texas Southmost College (TSC).
• Supports the values and institutional goals as defined in the College's Strategic Plan.
• Assists with the process for systematic review and evaluation of the planning unit per the model adopted by the college, including the development and monitoring of outcomes and plans of action for improvement based on the assessment of those outcomes and plans.
• Working hours may include evenings, holidays or weekends depending on deadline requirements and special events.
• Performs duties and responsibilities within a high-tech all-digital environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Special knowledge or skills pertinent to the needs of the office.
• Ability to grasp concepts and procedures quickly.
• Strong detail orientation and ability to multi-task with little direct supervision.
• Strong judgment, decisiveness, and interpersonal skills to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple interruptions and meet deadlines.
• Cooperation team player in a diverse working environment.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented collaborative team environment.
• Ability to handle a large variety of details and to work with all levels of organization.
• Ability to handle sensitive and extensive confidential data.
• Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to lead, instruct, handle a large variety of details and to work with all levels of organization.
• Proficient in the use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and use of the Internet to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
Required Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and experience required.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with four (4) years of secretarial office experience OR an associate's degree or 60 college hours with eight (8) years of secretarial office experience.
• Experience maintaining office budgets, submitting requests to purchase, and processing invoices for payment.
• Experience processing and filing contracts and agreements.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Secretarial office experience in a higher education setting.
Certificates and Licensures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Posting Number: 2022169TSC
Open Date: 11/07/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary
Transcripts (unofficial) are required to be attached to applications for all positions with an educational requirement (Faculty/Staff/Administrative).
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been attached.
Attachments must be in PDF or Microsoft Word format and must be no larger than 2 MB.
You will not be able to attach documents after your application has been submitted.
Please Note: Official transcripts are only required if recommended for hire. Please Note: Official transcripts are only required if recommended for hire.
Official transcripts shall be sent directly from the issuing institution to the College District's Office of Human Resources and must include documentation of all credit earned, including the education requirements that specifically qualifies the applicant for the position. The address to send all transcripts is:
Texas Southmost College
Office of Human Resources
80 Fort Brown, Tandy 105
Brownsville, Texas 78520
For eTranscripts please use email address: [email protected]
The College District recognizes equivalent credits and degrees earned from foreign universities. The equivalency shall be determined by translation and evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For more information please visit: www.naces.org
Brownsville TX USA
Jobs in Brownsville TX United States
Senior Administrative Assistant (WTCE) Brownsville jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.