Spencer Clarke Group
Spencer Clarke Group England United Kingdom
1 week ago
Job Title: Senior Building Control Surveyor
Work Area: Planning and Building Control
Location: Manchester - Hybrid working part working from home and Council Offices. However, there will be frequent site visits required to perform the role.
Pay rate: Inside IR35 – Negotiable DOE
Spencer Clarke Group are seeking a highly skilled Senior Building Control Surveyor to work for our client, a Council in the North West. As a Senior Building Control Surveyor, you will be responsible for providing professional and high-quality standards of Building Control and consultancy advice to our customers. Additionally, you will promote the Building Control Service to businesses, the public, and all associated with the construction industry.
• Co-ordinate and supervise all activities associated with Deposited Plans, Building Notices, Applications for the Regularisation of Unauthorised Work, and site inspections for compliance with Building Regulations.
• Assist Trainee Building... Control Surveyors in the examination of deposited plans and with site inspections during the training process.
• Respond and attend to dangerous building call-outs during working hours and if requested at any time during the day or night for major incidents. Inspect and determine action required to remove danger, prepare and issue legal notices, statements of evidence, and attend court as an expert witness. Instruct and supervise contractors on-site where appropriate in the safe removal of danger.
• Have knowledge and experience of working with the Building Act 1984, as well as the ability to implement new legislation including the Fire Safety Act 2021 and working with the proposed new Regulator under The Building Safety Act 2022.
• Actively promote the Building Control Service to developers, contractors, the public, and other professionals in line with the business marketing of national LABC Services.
• Represent Planning and Building Control and the Authority at meetings and working groups when requested.
• Give professional advice to Management, Committees, and working groups on aspects of the Building Control function.
• Educational Standard Qualifications/ Membership of Professional Institutions: One of the following: The Association of Building Engineers, The Royal Institute of Charter Surveyors (essential).
• Previous experience in a Building Control, Surveyors, Architects, Engineers, or similar professional office (essential).
• Theoretical and practical study of means of escape design, fire-fighting systems, fire engineering, smoke control, and smoke management (desirable).
• Hold a valid Driving Licence (essential).
• Knowledge of Building Control legislation/regulation and procedures, and Dangerous building and demolition control.
If you meet the requirements above and are passionate about building control, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and contact Joe on 01772 954200
Jobs in England United Kingdom
Senior Building Control Surveyor England jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.