Total Building Control
Total Building Control England United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
We are hiring for two positions, one is based in the South East covering all areas up to and including North London, the other is based in London or a surrounding area. Both will be affiliated with our Brighton Office.
The Building Control Surveyors’ (BCS) role for Total Building Control Ltd (TBC) is to ensure that ‘building work’, as defined in the Building Regulations, meets the regulatory standards in safety, sustainability, accessibility and design.
As a BCS employed by a corporate approved inspector, you will be required to carry out your duties in accordance with the CICAIR Code of Conduct and the Building Control Performance Standards (BCPS)
You will be involved with projects that range from small domestic (such as small house extensions and loft conversions) to large commercial. Using your professional judgement and understanding of current building legislation, you will offer advice to architects, building surveyors, developers, builders, clients and the public that relate... to any issues regarding building regulations and allied legislation surrounding the proposed work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing pre-application advice.
- Examining and commenting on plans for new buildings, alterations or extensions, including requesting additional information and issuing plan certificates.
- Carry out statutory consultations with the Fire and Water Authorities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to training and ensuring CPD records are up to date in order to maintain the desired level of competency.
- Provide advice on construction safety matters and new building regulations.
- Undertaking regular inspections of building work at various stages, until the project has been issued with a Final Certificate.
- Document and maintain records of how projects are progressing, highlighting any issues and acting on them where required.
- Approving the issuing of legal binding documentation.
- Liaising with all relevant professionals
- Always act professionally and in accordance with TBC’s Code of Conduct policy and the BCPS
- Follow up on business leads where appropriate to do so.
- To comply with those functions outlined in the Quality Manual for Approved Inspector Services and site inspection.
- In accordance with the Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015 promote and maintain a culture which places customers first and aims to deliver a high standard of service at all times.
Minimum qualification required – HNC/HND in a building or construction related studies or can demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge through a role in site management
Desirable qualifications – Professional qualification with a relevant professional body. (I.e. RICS, CABE, CIOB)
- An interest in/ the ability to understand and interpret The Building Regulations, construction processes, legislation and requirements.
- The confidence to provide advice and guidance
- Communication skills both written and oral
- Relationship building skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- I.T skills
- The ability to negotiate
- Time management and organisational skills
- Driving License
Adhere to the working hours as formalised in your employment contract. Working additional hours may be required but is not expected. Visiting site can take up a considerable part of the role; driving to site is essential, with Surveyors expected to work outside in all weather.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £31,000.00-£42,000.00 per year
• On-site parking
• Work from home
• Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Brighton
Jobs in England United Kingdom
Building Control Surveyor England jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.