ICON plc São Paulo State of São Paulo Brazil
2 weeks ago
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
Role: Linguist, EnglishPortuguese(Brazil)
Location: Brazil, Mexico; will consider Remote OR Office Based
ICON PLC is seeking an... EnglishPortuguese (Brazil) translator to join our Language Services team. The translator will be responsible for producing accurate and culturally appropriate translations of clinical research documentation and related materials, along with other document-related tasks. The preferred candidate will use critical thinking in collaborating with project teams to preform quick-turnaround translations on Portuguese (Brazil) language-related assignments.
• Provides linguistic, translation, and revision services including post-edit reviews of machine translation outputs.
• Provides input and oversight of translation memories, glossaries, dictionaries and other reference materials.
• Identifies and develops plans for addressing operational process improvements.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with internal and external customer(s).
• Provides quality assurance and review services to validate linguist quality produced by other team members or by external service providers.
• May train other members of the team.
• Handle multiple ongoing translation projects simultaneously.
• Exhibit strong mindset towards production processes and quality assurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including native-level fluency for Portuguese (Brazil) and near-native level fluency of English.
• Strong knowledge of how language is affected by culture, race, religion, and economic factors.
• Knowledge of translation and transcription software.
• Strong knowledge of the translations/linguistics landscape and how technology influences change, especially around machine translations.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work under deadlines, and juggle multiple tasks/assignments.
• Strong organization, communication and active listening skills.
• Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
• Strong ability to work across cultures and geographies with appreciation of cultural differences.
• Strong problem solving skills and aptitude to undertakes analysis and investigation to identify, define and resolve problems.
• Capacity to work independently and as part of a global team.
• A bachelor's degree is required.
• Excellent command of the English and Portuguese (Brazil) languages.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant full-time translation experience within the medical/pharma/clinical research fields.
• Experience with translation standards.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Familiarity with computer-assisted translation software.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Are you a current ICON Employee? Please click here to apply: link
São Paulo State of São Paulo Brazil
Jobs in São Paulo State of São Paulo Brazil
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.