EngineeringJobs Johannesburg South Africa
2 weeks ago
Electronic Design Engineer, Jhb
Appointment Date As soon as possible
Remuneration R30 000pm neg (Salaries will be calculated according to qualifications and applicable experience.)
Contract Type: Permanent
Our client designs and manufactures novel and ground-breaking products for industries including broadcast, military and hunting. Its innovative products are consistently years ahead of their time in an environment where this is a very important advantage in an extremely competitive market.
The group is currently focussing on projects in land-based weapon systems, broadcast cameras and systems and weapon bore sighting systems. Outputs and impact are achieved through innovative products delivered to the market place ahead of their competitors.
Qualification, skills and experience required for this position are:
• Candidates with National Diploma, B-Tech or BSc degree in Electronic Engineering will be considered and selected on technical and practical ability.
• Candidate will be... mentored in areas where experience is limited so experience will not be the driving factor in selection. Selection will be based on personality, willingness to learn and grow in the company.
• Short listed candidates will be expected to perform some evaluation tasks to determine competency, problem solving ability and use of resources to complete design work.
• Experience in Software and Embedded Process Design.
• An electronic engineer who has done some DSP of video images even if it was only a project at university. This is to be the main focus initially; the person can grow into all the other disciplines as time progress.
• Focus and interest in Digital Video systems, Control Systems, Weapon Systems, Mechatronics, Mechanical Design.
• Good analytical approach.
• Good general computer literacy.
• Some software development ability.
• Good Solid Works or CAD skills.
• Research and report writing skills.
• High level conceptualisation and analytical skills.
• Problem solving, solution seeking and goal-oriented approach to projects.
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
• Electronic lead designer on various projects that result in products.
• Execute design projects and deliver results on brief and on time.
• Interacting with peers within fields of expertise both within and outside the organisation.
• Interacting with clients (internal and external) and developing long term relationships.
• Effective communication in team context.
• Work in a multidisciplinary environment with clients, engineers, project managers and technicians.
Please take note that initial correspondence will be via email & WA.
Correspondence will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.
If you have not received a reply within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
Johannesburg South Africa
Jobs in Johannesburg South Africa
Electronic Design Engineer - Johannesburg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.