GIBB Engineering and Architecture
GIBB Engineering and Architecture Johannesburg South Africa
2 weeks ago
• GIBB requires Professional Design Engineers to be responsible for designing and developing construction projects, such as buildings, civil and electrical infrastructure, bridges, and other structures. They will work closely with architects, project managers, and contractors to ensure that construction projects are designed according to specifications and that they meet safety, reliability, and sustainability standards.
• Developing construction project specifications and designs based on customer requirements and design standards.
• Collaborating with architects, contractors, and other construction professionals to ensure that designs are feasible and meet project requirements.
• Using computer-aided design CAD software and other engineering tools to create and refine construction project designs. Creating 3D models and animations using CAD and BIM software.
• Conducting feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses to determine the viability of... new designs and construction techniques.
• Developing and maintaining project documentation, including design drawings, specifications, and reports.
• Ensuring that construction projects meet regulatory requirements and adhere to safety, reliability, and sustainability standards.
• Collaborating with project managers and contractors to ensure that construction projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Identifying opportunities for process improvements and cost savings and making recommendations to senior management.
• Conducting regular project team meetings and providing guidance and support to team members.
• Ensuring that all project stakeholders are kept informed of project progress and any changes to the project plan.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree or BTech Civil, Struct, Elec, Mech. Must provide Certificate with transcript
• Experience within the Built Environment
• Matric. Must provide Certificate with results
• Registered with ECSA/SACPQSP as a Professional. Must provide Certificate with registration number
• 5 – 10 years’ Design experience Civil, Struct, Elec, Mech
• Have a strong technical background in engineering, as well as excellent design and problem-solving skills.
• Effectively use CAD software and other engineering tools, communicate with stakeholders at all levels, and manage project risks and issues.
• Have knowledge of construction processes and standards, as well as experience with project management.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills are essential for success in this role.
• Proficiency in industry-specific software and tools including ACAD, Civil 3D and/or Revit is required.
• Must have MS Office experience
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to guide and lead supporting staff
Johannesburg South Africa
Jobs in Johannesburg South Africa
Design Engineers Johannesburg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.