Save The Childrens International
Save The Childrens International Somalia Somalia
1 week ago
Tittle : Infrastructure Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain
LOCATION: Gode Field Office
POST TYPE: National
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The post holder will be tasked with facilitating and coordinating smooth operations, which include Construction Activities. The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring proper Reporting, and coordination of all Construction Issues
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Dire Report to Senior Supply Chain Coordinator with Dotted Line management Area Supply Chain Manager East
Dimensions: Save the Children works in - regions in Ethiopia with a current staff complement of approximately - staff and current expenditure of approximately $90+ million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Visit and assess proposed construction sites in project... areas and identify feasibility (Senior Infrastructure Specialist and concerned project stakeholders at the field and CO
• Supervision of construction projects to ensure compliance with specifications, agreed quality standards and planned work schedules.
• Ensure attendance on site for identified milestone (foundations, superstructure, concreting, formwork etc.) activities on the planned work schedule.
• Ensure that work orders (site book) instructed by the program manager from the FO are clearly communicated to the contractor.
• Timely communication of any claims by the contractor; ensuring records have been kept of potential causes for claims such as site activities (or non-activity), weather conditions, access problems etc.
• Timely communication of any engineering related issues on site; requiring Construction Coordinator presence/attendance.
• Prepare weekly site progress reports (with photographs of both good and bad quality issues) that accurately depict completed elements to accepted standards and estimate % completion of elements still in progress. These reports should be communicable to the SCI Construction Manager, Coordinators.
• Timely notification for upcoming payment milestones; relative to on-site progress/contract conditions to technical line managers at the field and CO (Program coordinator, Infrastructure Specialists or Head of ISS).
• Prepare draft technical design documents for newly proposed infrastructure facilities and make recommend to existing ones for relevant modifications, if required. And also ensure that the project plans, drawings or sketches are well understood by the implementation contractors/teams, provide implementation guidelines and give feedback as appropriate.
• Prepare revised design and Bill of Quantities (BOQ) for the newly proposed Constructions
• Assist the procurement team in outsourcing and contract administration for all the programme’s construction activities implemented by the programme under the field office threshold.
• Verify and process payment requests for construction works undertaken in the programme area by the FO.
• Establish a contract management database and keep updated record of progresses for individual project sites.
• Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that executed works are within agreed contract value, and also keep record of payables (interim payments, retentions and advances)
• Identify and organise procurement of locally available construction materials in close collaboration with the FO procurement team.
• Ensure effective and efficient use of all SC’s financial and material resources in order to keep costs to the lowest possible
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Infrastructure Coordinator | Gode | Somalia | Somaliland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.