System One Fayette AL United States
1 week ago
• Responsible for design calculations and drawing development as assigned by the Chief Department Engineer
• Responsible for checking calculations done by Engineers I and Engineers II...
• Complies with employee handbook general guidelines, company procedures and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum Seven (7) years' of shipyard design and construction experience or equivalent experience.
• Five (5) years' Engineering experience at company will be considered in lieu of shipyard design and construction experience
• Bachelor's degree in math or science with 10+ years shipbuilding experience working under the Professional Engineering license in replace of experience listed above
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines
• Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
• Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
• Thorough knowledge of ship and propulsion systems
• Strong working knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e. ABS, DNV, GL, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.)
• Experience in the construction of high speed aluminum vessels
• Knowledge of modular construction methods
• Knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels
• Knowledge of shock design
• Knowledge of FEA methods
• Knowledge of composite shafting
• Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture
• Thorough knowledge of vessel structural design
• Thorough knowledge of vessel trim & stability calculations
• Reports to Chief Naval Architect
All candidates must meet basic employment eligibility guidelines:
• The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities
• 18 years or older at time of application
• Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident or citizen)
• No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
• No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
• Willing to submit to a drug screen
• Willing to submit to a background check
• Must be Fully Vaccinated for COVID-19
Computer - MS Office, AutoCAD
Will lead and direct the work of Engineers I, II, Designers and Draftspersons
Will determine technical adequacy of drawings and calculations
Will provide input to evaluations of Engineers I, II, Designers and Draftspersons
Has authority to direct, evaluate and correct the work of Engineers I, II, Designers and Draftspersons
LIAISES WITH:Engineers, Production Personnel, Customer, Regulatory Bodies, Program Management and Equipment Suppliers
Fayette AL USA
Jobs in Fayette AL United States
Naval Architect III - R0007699 Fayette jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.