System One Prichard AL United States
1 week ago
• Responsible for design calculations and drawing development as assigned by the Chief Department Engineer or a Department Engineer III
• Responsible for checking calculations done by Engineers I...
• Complies with employee handbook general guidelines, company procedures and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:General:
• Three (3) to seven (7) years of shipyard design and construction experience or equivalent experience.
• Candidates with equivalent experience as a Cognizant Engineer over one or more systems may also be considered.
• Two (2) years' Engineering experience will be considered in lieu of shipyard design and construction experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines
• Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
• Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
• Working knowledge of ship and propulsion systems
• Working knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e. ABS, DNV, GL, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.)
• Experience in the construction of high speed aluminum vessels
• Knowledge of modular construction methods
• Knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels
• Knowledge of shock design
• Knowledge of FEA methods
• Knowledge of composite shafting
• Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture
• Working knowledge of vessel structural design
• Working knowledge of vessel trim & stability calculations
All candidates must meet basic employment eligibility guidelines:
• The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities
• 18 years or older at time of application
• Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident or citizen)
• No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
• No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
• Willing to submit to a drug screen
• Willing to submit to a background check
Computer - MS Office, AutoCAD
May lead and direct the work of Engineers I, Designers and Draftspersons
May determine technical adequacy of drawings and calculations
May provide input to evaluations of Engineers I, Designers and Draftspersons
LIAISES WITH:Engineers, Production Personnel, Customer, Regulatory Bodies, Program Management and Equipment Suppliers
Prichard AL USA
Jobs in Prichard AL United States
Naval Architect II - R0007701 Prichard jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.