U.S. Agency For Global Media
U.S. Agency For Global Media Washington DC United States
3 weeks ago
Washington Headquarters - Washington, DC
• Writes news and feature content as assigned for use in broadcasts and web/social media
• Conducts and writes up interviews for inclusion in his/her assigned stories
• Logs and conducts data entry and other functions connected with VOA’s digital asset management system
• Researches and confirms facts in stories produced by self or by others, as assigned
• Adapts and/or translates content produced in English into native language, as assigned
• Versions content produced in native language into English for distribution, as assigned
• Participates in the creation and development of regularly scheduled or special radio and/or TV programs and/or web and social media sections, as assigned
• Voices material for/during broadcasts as assigned, including material prepared by others
• Contributes finished products meeting standards to production elements of programs and content for broadcast and/or web and social media, including fine editing of taped material and static graphics, as assigned
• Performs technical functions including operation of equipment, as assigned
• Contributes to teamwork, facilitating tasks of teammates, as needed
• Meets VOA standards for productivity, quality, and meeting deadlines
• Serves as videographer or reporter, as assigned
• Works independently as a member of a team
• Fluency in target language (written, spoken) and deep knowledge of the target area, plus fluency in English (written/spoken)
• Other related duties as assigned
About the Agency
The United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM) is an exciting, multi-media, multi-cultural, global media agency that carries out all United States civilian international broadcasting. Our media networks complement and reinforce one another in a shared mission vital to U.S. national interests: to inform, engage, and connect people around the world in support of freedom and democracy. Our staff of dedicated professionals serve as an example of a free and independent media, bringing news, information, and relevant discussions to a weekly audience of over 278 million people worldwide in over 60 languages via radio, television, Internet, and social media.
USAGM networks include the Voice of America and the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti) and three grantee organizations: Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia.
This is not an announcement for a federal job. This position is for employment as a personal services contractor with VOA News and may include eligibility for health, dental, vision, and life insurance, overtime, paid time off, sick leave, and the possibility of performance-based bonuses. All personal service contractors must pass a thorough background check.
U.S. citizenship is not required for this job and visa sponsorship is possible for the right candidates
Washington DC USA
Jobs in Washington DC United States
International Multimedia Journalist- II (Horn of Africa Service) Washington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.