Gray Television Wichita KS United States
2 weeks ago
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households...
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWCH/KSCW is the top rated station in Wichita, Kansas. We cover the Wichita State Shockers, KU Jayhawks, K-State Wildcats, KC Chiefs and Royals. Based in Wichita, Kansa, KWCH is the market leading, award winning, CBS affiliated, local television station serving Wichita and all of Western Kansas. KWCH also owns and Operates the market’s CW affiliate KSCW. We offer excellent benefits, dental, vision, 401(k) and of course a competitive salary as well as great fringe benefits. We are a company that is dedicated to producing quality news in Wichita and western Kansas. KWCH is part of Gray Media Group which currently owns and operates stations across the United States.
We are looking for a dynamic storyteller who can creatively and concisely gather and give viewers factual information. You must be interested and dedicated to local news and have a passion for informing people - whether it's through broadcast or digital. You will be surrounded by a team who want to see you succeed and will help you reach your full potential.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Generate, gather and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way
• Use writing skills for on-air and online
• Write and post digital-original stories prior to airing of the television version
• Demonstrate sound news judgment and ability to tell stories with pictures and natural sound
• Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
• Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative stand-ups and ways to explain a story
• Develop and maintain sources
• Participate in story selection process through meetings; attendance at editorial meetings is required, play an active role in editorial process
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Various shift work will be required; holiday work is required
• Critique, feedback and training are part of the job
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Job requires travel for stories - coverage area is large
• Be able to write clearly, accurately and in an easy-to-understand manner
• Possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
• Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
• Compelling storyteller
• Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories
• Able to produce and post original content to our websites
• Able to play an active role in the editorial process
• Able to use social media outlets to engage viewers
• Must be able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KWCH-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation
Wichita KS USA
Jobs in Wichita KS United States
MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST - KWCH Wichita jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.