FAR Group - Careers
FAR Group - Careers Houston TX Philippines
1 week ago
Job Description :
FAR GROUP, Inc. headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, woman-owned federal professional services company, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services...
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Registered Nurse ICU
Location: Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center Houston TX,
Job type: Contract / Full time
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• RN: The RN will utilize their broad-based clinical knowledge to effectively assess, implement health promotion and prevention interventions, manage acute and chronic illness states, assist patient/residents in the attainment of optimal levels of functioning rehabilitation, evaluate patient/resident response to actual or potential health problems, and provide supportive measures for the dying patient/resident and their significant others. Nursing care is performed in accordance with the Texas Registered Nurses Practice Act and within the individual nurse’s scope of license. The VA Nurse Manager(s), or appropriate nursing leadership delegate (i.e. Assistant Nurse Manager), will provide the RN with clinical oversight during their tour of duty. More specific duties and responsibilities of the Registered Nurse are described below and shall be assessed by MEDVAMC prior to provider acceptance.
• Maintain patient/resident confidentiality and a safe patient/resident care environment, including familiarity with requirements such as medication administration, patient/resident/family education, discharge process, restraint usage, hazardous waste disposal, etc., as defined by The Joint Commission and all other VA regulatory bodies (i.e., Long Term Care Institute and Office of Inspector General).
• Provide patient/resident-centered care by performing the following tasks:
• * assess the health care needs of the patient/resident and maintain or develop a plan of care to meet interdisciplinary goals.
• assess and act on significant changes in the patient’s/resident’s health condition.
• * carry out the plan of care by performing/assigning delegated tasks.
• collect and document pertinent data into the electronic patient/resident medical record.
• complete nursing assessments within required time frames, and in accordance with policy and procedure.
• identify and act on predictable needs of the patient/resident.
• meet the health care needs of patient/resident by assessing and assisting the patient/resident to meet expressed needs.
• meet the emotional and spiritual needs of patients/residents and/or families.
• prioritize and complete tasks within the RN’s assigned shift.
• update patient/resident care plans.
• notify assigned physician of any changes in condition.
• report incidents of verbal or physical abuse immediately to the Nurse Manager of the unit they are assigned; or designated off-shift nursing leadership.
• Perform the following tasks:
• * head-to-toe assessment.
• insert IV lines.
• care and management of peripheral and central lines, including PICC lines.
• administer medication including IVs.
• coordinate and participate in admission and discharge of patient.
• measure vital signs/hemodynamic monitoring including Pain (the 5th Vital Sign), pulse oximetry, etc.
• perform wound care including dressing changes (sterile and nonsterile), and obtaining wound cultures as necessary.
• obtain and deliver specimens to lab.
• perform tracheostomy care.
• perform non-acute and/or acute ventilator care, if needed.
• perform suctioning including oral, nasogastric, and tracheostomy.
• perform deep suctioning, which may include obtaining specimens.
• assess for and administer tube feedings.
• assist with routine urinary and bowel elimination including catheters, colostomies, and digital stimulation educate patients/residents and/or families regarding health and diagnoses and medication administration including indications for the medication.
• respond and assist in an emergency situation.
• provide clinical oversight to Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Assistants and Health Technicians.
• Citizenship related Requirements:
• * the Candidate shall comply with any and all legal provisions contained in the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, As Amended; its related laws and regulations that are enforced by Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the U.S Department of Labor as these may relate to non-
immigrant foreign nationals working under contract or subcontract for the Contractor while providing services to Department of Veterans Affairs patient referrals.
BASIC QUALIFICATION/KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
• Individuals shall be required to provide and maintain current license, applicable certifications, proof of a negative TB test within the past 12 months, pre- employment drug screening, and BLS certification and ACLS Certification. Candidate shall provide proof of updated licenses and certifications to FAR FROUP or designated individual prior to being scheduled for MEDVAMC required training. Candidate shall also provide proof of updated licenses and certifications to the FAR GROUP as they expire. Individuals must meet physical requirements to perform a full range of duties without physical restrictions. Personnel must also have a working knowledge and basic skills in the use of personal computers (PC). Contract personnel are required to be credentialed through VetPro.
• Evidence of completion of required licensure, credentials, required training, current competencies and initiation of background investigations must be validated for all candidates’ personnel referred to perform services under this contract prior to providing direct patient care.
• Ultimately, the decision to accept or reject profiles staff rests with the VA. Candidate shall not have any personnel report to duty until written notification is received from the FAR GROUP advising that the candidate(s) presented has met all requirements for contract performance.
This contract requires the services of RNs in various areas of MEDVAMC. In addition to the basic qualifications mentioned above, each area requires specific knowledge/qualifications, which are identified below. The experience required should be within the past five (5) years:
• RN (Specialty Care – ICU/PACU/Cath Lab/Bronch, Emergency Department)
• Current ACLS Certification
• Current BLS Certification
• One (1) year experience in Critical Care Nursing
• Note: Contract nurse(s) performing services on this contract may not provide nursing services or pickup additional shifts at other health care systems/medical centers located within the Houston, Texas area concurrently will be providing services at
MEDVAMC unless getting approval/authorization by designed VA personnel to do so.
Powered by JazzHR
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX Philippines
Registered Nurse ICU Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.