Planate Management Group
Planate Management Group Houston TX Philippines
2 weeks ago
Planate Management Group (PMG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and Orlando, Florida USA with technical support centers in South East Asia and East Africa, that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical... consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other federal agencies, all over the world.
The Design Manager will handle and manage assigned design projects consistent with the planning and design goals and standards as established in the project management plan (PMP) of the Veterans Affairs Hospital. You will also be responsible for ensuring the completion of the design work and participates in planning the phases to prevent disruption and help minimize overall costs.
The work assignment will be located in Albuquerque, NM.
• Manage assigned design projects consistent with the planning and design goals and standards of VA, as established in the project management plan (PMP); ensure that capital project management processes enable the completion of projects on time and within budget
• Coordinate with and assist the Project Development Team (PDT) to establish a well-defined project scope that reflects the input of appropriate departments to optimize program and space efficiency, flexibility and life cycle cost
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the use of Project Management standards, and systems to ensure completion of design projects on time and within budget, and the ability to modify or alter standard procedure to meet crucial deadlines.
• Work with the Project Manager (PM) and the Contracting Officer (CO) in procuring the best qualified Engineer/Architect to be the designer of record (DOR), within project cost and time parameters; and establish the need for additional consultant studies and services required during the planning and design phase to ensure quality design deliverables.
• Oversee the day-to-day performance of the DOR and related consultants to ensure quality design within the contract cost and schedule; manage the conduct of design reviews; participate in cross-functional and departmental meetings to ensure business and functional needs are achieved with design
• Provide input for the development and implementation of design and construction standards to ensure projects are executed at appropriate levels of quality, are compatible with BA sustainability plans, and are effectively commissioned prior to occupancy.
• Develop and implement systems to monitor project design against budget authorization, and project schedules
• Lead a timely decision-making process to ensure all outstanding design issues are resolved; act as a solution consultant to engineers, architects, and other outside consultants; and seek to improve cost effectiveness related to the facility design process.
• Review contracts, scopes of work, specifications, plans and pertinent jurisdictional codes to ensure that project design milestones and deliverable dates are being met while providing contract compliant, cost effective facilities
• Other tasks required by PDT to deliver a project design and PMP.
Qualifications To Be Successful In The Role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Economics, Business, Law, Finance, Accounting, Project Management, Construction Management, or equivalent
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience managing assigned design projects consistent with the planning and design goals and standards
• Able to conduct comprehensive research and analysis of technical and cost data
• Able to read and interpret acquisition policy, regulations, and directives
• Able to provide clear guidance to all lower level acquisition personnel
• Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Must lawfully reside in the United States and eligible for employment (Planate does not sponsor visas or work permits)
Visit our career site https://planate.com/careers/ to know more about our other openings.
COVID 19 PROTOCOL: Due to the nature of work, the successful candidate will be required to comply with all Federal guidelines regarding vaccination for all employees and contractors (as applicable in the respective U.S. State or outlying area). Please refer to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors for more information.
Planate Management Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally, and Professionally, Up and Down The Line.
Employees Enjoy The Following Benefits
• Medical insurance
• 401K plan eligibility upon hire
• Health and Savings Account plan
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Wellness Offering
• Training and Development
• License/Certification support
• Recognition and Rewards program
• Travel Insurance
We’d love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX Philippines
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.