WSP USA Houston TX Philippines
3 weeks ago
Lead Plumbing Engineer
Req ID 12829...
Lead Plumbing Engineer
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our Property & Buildings - Plumbing Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Plumbing Engineer for our Houston , TX office.
Provides high level technical assistance and guidance for multi-site/phase due diligence, design, development, building, testing, and inspecting of plumbing systems on infrastructure, building, and construction projects in the public and private sector. Responsibilities include the research, design, concept development, planning, installation, operation, maintenance, and optimal integration of plumbing systems, fire suppression and protection, and fluid flow equipment, systems, and processes. Substantiates reports, documentation, and decisions regarding installation, materials, construction, and operation specifications. Ensures that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality.
• Provide guidance with collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints, schematics, data, technical drawings, computer-generated reports, and other matrices for project development, design, and construction.
• Apply high-level plumbing engineering techniques and processes to identify improvements for various building and infrastructure project phases including concept development, preliminary design, final design, procurement, construction, and operation.
• Perform professional plumbing engineering work and conduct research and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, equipment, resources, building, infrastructure, and usage; and verify the installation of plumbing, fire protection and suppression, and fluid flow systems conform with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
• Develop construction and installation plans, specifications, and cost estimates; preparing construction safety and phasing plans, and updating infrastructure layout plans that require coordination with owners, architects, other disciplines, sub-consultants, and clients.
• Involved from project inception to completion in the management of plumbing design and construction for building and infrastructure projects, including rehabilitation and reconstruction, new builds, operating specifications, building materials, and construction safety plans.
• Develop and incorporate advanced technologies, monitoring devices, building materials, modeling techniques, design requirements, load calculations, and operating strategies to account for the proper installation and functioning of equipment and systems; implementing future-ready solutions with plumbing engineering design standards.
• Oversee and monitor cross-functional teams of engineers, planners, and/or other scientific professionals to execute project work on mid-level and/or multiple concurrent projects, including budgets, tracking hours and expenses, task completion, cost and quantities of materials/equipment/labor, technical calculations, schematics, construction, compliance documentation, and regulatory and technical analysis memos.
• Coordinate, review and approve installation design plans, ensuring data integrity and work is compliant with all applicable codes, ordinances, and regulations.
• Prepare data and visualizations such as tables, charts, reports, sketches, calculations, cross-sections, technical drawings, spreadsheets, and other illustrations for the interpretation or presentation of more complex data, findings, or analyses.
• Prepare comprehensive technical reports and presentations that explain research, concepts, and recommendations to prevent, control, restore, or address engineering, design, and/or construction issues or opportunities.
• Analyze, evaluate, and interpret data obtained during site investigations, offering input with developing action plans for moderate- to high-level risk installation, equipment and system operations, and/or mitigation activities.
• Prepare and implement site Health and Safety Plans (HASPs).
• Interact with regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and clients in a confident and professional manner.
• Collaborate with professionals, other engineers, architects, and building and infrastructure authorities on Federal, State, regional, and locally funded improvement and development projects, as well as proposal and business development opportunities.
• Remain current in latest plumbing engineering techniques and practices.
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
• Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
• Bachelor’s Degree in Plumbing or Mechanical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
• 7 to 10 years of relevant post education experience in engineering discipline and prior plumbing and mechanical design experience.
• Engineer license required.
• Proficient with plumbing and mechanical engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to project work-related issues.
• Extensive knowledge of building and infrastructure design.
• Experience with building and infrastructure planning, design, and construction management; including active involvement in a variety of rehabilitation, new design, and construction projects.
• Well-defined specific knowledge of relevant plumbing and mechanical engineering and construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
• Well-developed ability to make technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles, understanding plans and specifications, and making factual comparisons to the appropriate regulations.
• Ability to plan and conduct inspections and investigations on various aspects of the construction and design of facilities, structures and systems, applying applicable regulations and policies.
• Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
• Demonstrated high-level of self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
• Works independently with minimal oversight and provides guidance and leadership to junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
• Highly proficient with technical writing, office automation, load calculations, discipline-specific design software (i.e., AutoCAD, Revit), technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
• Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, load calculations, computations, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
• Demonstrated effectiveness at coordinating and assertively directing subcontractors and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
• Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
• Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
• LEED certification desired.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Travel Required: 25%
• Job Status: Regular
• Employee Type: Full
• Primary Location: HOUSTON - TRAVIS ST
• All locations: US-TX-Houston
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX Philippines
Lead Plumbing Engineer Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.