American Heart Association
American Heart Association Houston TX Philippines
2 weeks ago
Now is the time to join an organization that enables you to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career!
We’re hiring a Development Specialist for the Houston Gulf Coast. The primary responsibilities include executing complex administrative support/technical program assistance work. The successful... candidate will have a high level of analytical ability, a multi-tasked manner of thinking, be self-motivated and directed, and possess excellent administrative skills. They will have integrity, high motivation, proven ability to produce results in a highly deadline-oriented environment and creativity that will invigorate The Association’s annual business plan. The Executive Assistant works under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The ideal candidate will live in the Spring, TX area. This is a mostly home-office based position working in-person twice a month from our Houston, TX office. The other days the person will work from home.
The American Heart Association offers programs to help you maintain work/life satisfaction according to your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life satisfaction, and our Guiding Values - Check out this hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter today!
Some of your responsibilities will include
• Provides administrative support to the Regional Vice President of the Gulf Coast, including scheduling meetings, organizing mailings, managing expenses, and making logistical arrangements necessary for internal and external meetings.
• Tracking corporate and donor relation activities. Manages and maintains donor contact information lists and acts as a liaison of the association, communicating and providing customer service to donors.
• Coordinates Board and key monthly committee meetings. Maintains board contact information lists and manages communication between board and Regional Vice President.
• Works with Regional Vice President of Gulf Coast to ensure timely stewardship and follow up needs are met for key donors, board members and committee members.
• Controlling inventory of marketing, presentation, or fundraising materials.
• Maintains accurate information relevant to internal meetings, committee meetings and events.
• Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations and disseminating information.
• Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, and department activities for all members of the department.
• Creates marketing collateral and develops visual presentations and proposals in Canva and PowerPoint. Including printing and binding presentations for meetings.
• Types and designs internal department collateral such as correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
• Performs research and report generation in multiple systems (i.e., financial, operations, gross/net income and completed events), processing expense vouchers, managing check requisition process, and processing invoices.
• Assist in event sponsorship activation. Organize staff account team contacts, sponsorship contacts, proposals, letters of agreement, sponsorship payments, presentations, and sponsor benefits delivered.
• Provides support for all Gulf Coast events, including day-of event support. This may also include day-of support for Houston core events.
• Attend committee meetings with donors and assist with item/auction pick up and organization.
• Handles confidential information.
• Acts as a liaison with other departments.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Want to move your resume to the top so that you can become a “Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?” Here are some of the requirements
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in office administration, supporting multiple staff members.
• Knowledge in maintaining and organizing large amounts of data with precise attention to detail.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels in the organization, as well as external stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written business communications skills.
• Experience in travel planning and expense entry/management.
• Ability to anticipate and satisfy customer needs; work independently and take initiative; creatively and effectively solve problems; meet and interact with all levels of staff and volunteers.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, and proficient knowledge in donor database programs.
• Able to lift at least 20 lbs from the ground to waist level.
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
• Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
• Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
• Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
• Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
• Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
• Tuition Assistance - We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX Philippines
Development Specialist Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.