Jobs via eFinancialCareers
Jobs via eFinancialCareers Red Bank NJ United States
1 week ago
Cyber Security Enterprise Tools & Platforms Solutions Engineer...
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We're seeking a future team member in the role of Cyber Security Enterprise Tools & Platforms Solutions Engineer to join our Information Security Division team.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
• Analyze problems, evaluate technical issues, test, maintain, modify, integrate, monitor, and automate large scale enterprise cyber security technologies
• Analysis of Software Rules engines, logic, configurations, scheduled tasks, and automation
• Responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of Enterprise scale cyber security solutions that will interact with multiple third-party applications
• Incident management and post-mortem culture.
• Troubleshooting challenging and complex issues with data movement/availability/lineage/handling.
• Present technical concepts and create technical documentation.
• Being involved in system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
• Building sustainable production systems by eliminating unnecessary complexity and toil.
• Solving complex problems by a process of elimination, creating bespoke tooling where appropriate.
• Implement config management to large platforms and devops lifecycle tools
• Ensure stability in large scale interconnected global platforms
• Data Platform infrastructure management
• Perform Changes via Change Management process on large scale infrastructure
• Assisting users with platform usage and use cases
Required Technical / Professional Expertise:
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, Go, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, or any other non-shell script language
• Administration experience with operating systems (i.e., Linux, windows server)
• Managing and deploying Large Scale Vendor Software
• Having the mindset of Engineering, automation, and maximizing efficiency
• Proficiency in data reporting/mining with query or search languages such as SQL, Splunk SPL, etc.
• Experience with UNIX operating systems internals and networking
• Familiarity with various UNIX performance and system tools (e.g., strace, iOS tat, nmap, free, top, tcpdump, grep, awk, sed, etc....)
• Experience in troubleshooting large scale distributed systems.
• Large Scale Agent Management and automation of the same
• Experience working with and/or troubleshooting Data Lineage workflows
• Partnering with Cyber Operations (i.e., SOC, IR, etc.) and Technology Services (i.e., Admins, Networks, etc.) teams to integrate value of cyber technologies
• Working within Production Change management discipline
• Working with metrics and analysis of data in different formats
• Software product evaluations
Preferred Technical/Professional Experience:
• Understanding and integrating new technologies such as cloud infrastructure Integrating products using APIs
• Experience with: Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (i.e., MS Defender technology and API thereof), Vulnerability Scanning Solutions (VM) (i.e., Qualys Nessus), Cloud Security Inventory and Scanning, Windows and Unix Platform Security Hardening
• SW configuration framework (e.g., ansible, chef, salt), and devops lifecycle tools (e.g., git, subversion, artifactory)
• Experience with logging systems like Splunk, ELK, syslog
• Debugging / optimizing code
• Modern development practices. A strong preference for CI / CD / Devops techniques
• Containerization technologies.
• Solid understanding of Risk culture
• Solid understanding of Systems Controls and Risk Reduction techniques
• Experience with other Cyber Security Tools
• Experience in managing a large scale Splunk environment is a distinct advantage
• Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments.
• Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies.
• Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation.
• Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations.
• Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles.
• Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents.
• Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published.
• Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
• 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums
Red Bank NJ USA
Jobs in Red Bank NJ United States
Principal, Information Security Red Bank jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.