ClearanceJobs Albany NY United States
2 weeks ago
Location 1 vacancy in the following location: Albany, NY 1 vacancy
• Remote job No
• Telework eligible Yes-as determined by the agency policy...
• Travel Required 50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
• Relocation expenses reimbursed No
• Appointment type Permanent -
• Work schedule Full-time -
• Service Competitive
• Promotion potential 14
• Job family (Series) 2210 Information Technology Management
• Supervisory status No
• Security clearance
• Drug test Yes
• Position sensitivity and risk Special-Sensitive (SS)/High Risk
• Trust determination process Credentialing Suitability/Fitness
• Announcement number IOD-DHA-11966170-23-TF
• Control number 726130400 Duties The primary purpose of the position is to serve as the Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC). Typical work assignments include:
• Performs assessments of systems and networks and identifies where those systems/networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
• Measures effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known vulnerabilities.
• Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, reviews, and administers the infrastructure hardware and software.
• Monitors network to actively remediate unauthorized activities.
• Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
• Collaborate with critical infrastructure owners, operators, IT security experts, and managers to support organizational cybersecurity objectives.
• Conduct cyber protective visits and strategic cyber risk assessments to prepare and protect critical cyber infrastructure assets.
• Participate in cybersecurity partnerships with and across critical infrastructure owners and operators and state, local, tribal and territorial government levels.
• Advises senior management on cost-benefit analysis of information security programs, policies, processes, systems, and elements. This position is located in the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Integrated Operations Division (IOD). Requirements Conditions of Employment
• You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
• You must successfully pass a background investigation. This may include a credit check, a review of financial issues, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
• Selective Service - males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service see http://www.sss.gov/
• You must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
• One-year probationary period may be required.
• You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative test result prior to appointment to this position.
• If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application.
• DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
• Permanent Change of Duty Station (PCS) Expenses will not be paid.
• Other incentives may be authorized.
• This position has been designated excluded from bargaining unit representation under the national security provision of 5 USC Section 7112(B)(6).
• All employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer for salary payments.
• This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C.
• 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable). Qualifications You qualify for the GS-13 or GS-14 grade level if you possess information technology related experience demonstrating each of the four required competencies:
• Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in monitoring all phases IT systems security;
• Customer Service: Assessing the needs of cybersecurity stakeholders;
• Oral Communication: Providing advice to IT stakeholders; and
• Problem Solving: Identifying cybersecurity problem areas and recommending solutions to fix problems Specialized Experience GS-13: In addition to the above requirement, you must have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors performing the following duties:
• Defining and managing Information Technology (IT) related programs and projects;
• Developing and maintaining IT plans, strategy and policies to support and align with organizational initiatives and regulatory compliance; and
• Developing policy and advocating for changes in policy that will support new initiatives or required changes/enhancements. NOTE: To be found qualified for this position, the contents of your resume must fully support this response. Specialized Experience GS-14: In addition to the above requirement, you must have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors performing the following duties:
• Recommending the appropriate measures to internal and/or external IT defense technicians to resolve defense incidents;
• Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments to protect IT infrastructure assets and mitigate network vulnerabilities; and
• Providing advisory services to leadership to ensure the proper operation of IT systems throughout an organization. NOTE: To be found qualified for this position, the contents of your resume must fully support this response. National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Qualifications Must Be Met The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Education There is no substitution of education for the specialized experience requirements at the GS-13 and GS-14 grade levels. Additional information Office of Personnel Management (OPM) General Schedule (GS) pay rates vary by location. A complete list of OPM GS pay scales are found here General Schedule (opm.gov). Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement as needed. Promotion Potential: The full performance level of this position is GS-14. This is a non-supervisory position. Pursuant to Executive Order 12654 and DHS policy, DHS is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, conducts random and other drug testing of its employees in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Headquarters personnel in safety- or security-sensitive positions are subject to random drug testing and all applicants tentatively selected for employment at DHS Headquarters are subject to drug testing resulting in a negative test result. Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office. A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window Learn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered. How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply. We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, we will use a job questionnaire to further evaluate your experience, education, and training. If you are determined qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. To preview the application for this position, click here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11966170. Interagency/Career Transition Assistance Program (I/CTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not I/CTAP eligible. View information about I/CTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under I/CTAP, you must be rated at a minimum score of 85 for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement. Interview Requirement: Interviews may be required for this position. Failure to complete the interview may result in removal from further consideration. The interview process may consist of a in-person or phone pan
Albany NY USA
Jobs in Albany NY United States
Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) with Security Clearance Albany jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.