Merrick & Company
Merrick & Company Decatur GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
Merrick & Company is seeking a Mechanical Facilities Engineer II to provide HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design for our High performance Facility team. This team specializes in the design of facilities for a wide variety of Government clients including the Department of Defense (DoD). This position will be based in our Decatur (Atlanta area), GA office. Local candidates to one of... these locations strongly preferred.
Typical salary range for this position is $80,00.00 - $90,000.00. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
The successful candidate will provide HVAC and Plumbing design for High Performance Facilities for a variety of projects. Tasks will include engineering calculations, equipment selection and layout, ductwork and piping sizing and layout, sustainable design and energy calculations, interdisciplinary coordination and participating of QA/QC process. Part time efforts will be devoted to site inspection and construction administration. This position is primarily a production role and will be part of a design team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) / Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited Program.
• A minimum of five (5) years related experience.
• Must have FE/EIT certification.
• A registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in their residing state or have the ability to gain reciprocity is a plus.
• Strong Revit and AutoCAD skills are required.
• Experience with thermal load calculation and energy modeling for mechanical systems. Experience with Life Cycle Cost Analyses (LCCA’s) a strong plus.
• Experience in calculating and sizing of mechanical equipment including AHUs, fans, and pumps.
• Experience in sizing and laying out ductwork and hydronic piping systems.
• Local candidates strongly preferred.
• Client projects for this position:
• Require sole U.S. Citizenship
• Prohibit Dual Citizenship
• Ability and willingness to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance is a plus.
• Create Revit models of mechanical and plumbing systems to comply with client and Merrick’s Revit standards. Generate construction documents from Revit Models
• Perform load calculations
• Interdisciplinary coordination/clash detection using Revit or Navisworks
• Develop flow diagrams and control diagrams using Revit
• Size and layout ductwork, hydronic and plumbing piping systems
• Participate QA/QC processes
• Energy modeling
• Familiarity with codes, standards, and guidelines
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
• Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into design; Uses feedback to modify designs. Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Verbal Communication – Able to clearly communicate to others at all levels within the organization.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment and meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
• Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
• Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
• May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
• Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.
• We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
• An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Decatur GA USA
Mechanical Facilities Engineer II Decatur jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.