Gateway Center Atlanta GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
Director Of Facilities
Full Time (40 HRS)
Reporting to the Director of Facilities this is the entry level position. As a Facilities Engineer, the employee carries out an expanding range of professional facilities engineer assignments in a developing capacity. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the base building systems supporting Gateway Center’s facility. This position also performs furnishings modifications, small moves and repairs to existing furnishings, event planning support, and responds to maintenance requests for facility needs.
This position may be required to communicate with staff, partners, and/or guests to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision. Individual must be able to perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Visual inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio). Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
• Resolve all facilities’ issues as assigned by work order system in accordance with key performance indicators.
• Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
• Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
• Complies with Gateway Center’s Policy and Procedures.
• Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
• Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed
• Inspect buildings, grounds, rooftops and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
• Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system repairs, upgrades or replacements.
• Execute small moves.
• Maintain lock and key inventory system and tracking.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Assure each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the supervisor using approved communication programs and standards.
• Display advanced ability to read standard blue prints and electrical schematics concerning plumbing and HVAC.
• Display above average engineering operations skills and strong general mechanical ability.
• Display proficiency in at least three of the following categories, above average skills in three more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building management.
• Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
• Safely perform highly complex repairs of the physical property, electrical, plumbing and mechanical equipment, air conditioners, refrigeration and pool heaters - ensuring all methods, materials and practices meet company standards and Local and National codes - with little or no supervision.
• Troubleshoot and perform repairs on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, HVAC equipment, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and program TV's.
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in maintenance
• HVAC Certification is highly desired
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility (may require some evenings and weekend work
Atlanta GA USA
Facilities Engineer Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.