HDR Sacramento CA United States
2 weeks ago
Senior Environmental Planner/Hydrologist - (165715)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
This individual should be a doer with a depth of experience in CEQA/NEPA. Individual should have a technical focus area of hydrology, water supply, and/or water quality. We are looking for a strong senior environmental planner able to support a cross-sector booking of work (water resources, drinking water, wastewater, transportation, power, solid waste, industrial, technology, utility). Proficiency in computational modeling for hydrologic, water supply, and water quality analyses and in methods for evaluation of resiliency is also preferred. Candidate must be able to work closely with our team and clients and think strategically to review, clear, and complete the compliance requirements of large and complex water projects. The position is intended to support the continued and long-term growth of the Northern California environmental team. Ideal candidate will have 10-20 years of experience supporting and managing projects across sectors. This candidate must be highly collaborative in all functions and proficient in scope development, budget and schedule tracking. An understanding of the CA regulatory environment and ability to negotiate regulatory strategy is preferred. Strong staff management experience, including staff development, as well as business development proficiency also a plus. Preference given to experience with task management, seller/doer role with aspirations in project and staff management.
In the role of Senior Environmental Planner, we'll count on you to:
• Plan and direct medium- to large-size planning and environmental compliance projects
• Perform complex assignments, making independent decisions on problems and methods
• Prepare, plan and analyze/review technical studies, permit applications, NEPA documents, and similar reports/documents
• Direct work of others in completion of required studies, documents and reports
• Demonstrate extensive public participation, agency coordination, planning and programming experience
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or closely related field
• 10+ years technical and/or field experience in complex environmental planning projects
• AICP certification
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research abilities
• Technical and/or field experience dealing with environmental impact issues, associated permit processes and documentation preparation/review
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-Folsom
Employee Status: Regular
BusinessClass: Environmental Sci and Planning
Job Posting: Feb 18, 2022
Sacramento CA USA
Jobs in Sacramento CA United States
Senior Environmental Planner/Hydrologist Sacramento jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.