Reinhardt University Waleska GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
Reinhardt University is seeking an experienced Full-time Campus Police Officer to add to our staff on our main campus in Waleska, GA...
Must be Georgia POST Certified.
Position Summary: Provides crime prevention and safety services within the guidelines of federal, state, and local laws, and policies of the University. Reports to the Captain or other designated person and effectively works with Public Safety staff, other public safety agencies, faculty, staff, students, visitors, and guests to protect and serve the University community. Maintains visible presence on campus and provides timely response to incidents and calls. Provides parking and traffic monitoring enforcement and direction. Establishes and maintains a community-oriented approach to public safety and service to our campus community.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED, Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Prefer 1 to 3 years in public safety/law enforcement experience, preferably in an academic environment.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
· Maintains peace and order by providing crime prevention and safety services.
· Performs on-campus safety services such as patrolling the campus, maintaining physical security, responding to emergency calls, providing traffic control, and conducting safety training.
· Issues parking citations and permits.
· Prepares incident reports and other public safety documentation as required.
· Assists with community focus planning, orientation programs, and University events.
· Serves as a public safety resource for students and University faculty and staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Considerable knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, county ordinances, University and departmental policies and procedures, traffic regulations, and investigative procedures.
· Familiarity with management and supervisory procedures.
· Proficiency in first aid, CPR, local geographical area, and self-defense techniques.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and good public speaking skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow lawful supervisory direction.
· Possess or have ability to obtain a valid GA operator/driver’s license.
· Irregular shift work hours and on-call hours are required.
· Have the ability to pass a background/criminal record check.
· Position requires Georgia P.O.S.T Peace Officer Certification in good standing
· Successfully passes a drug and alcohol screening and submit to random drug and alcohol testing throughout employment.
· Successfully completes a voice stress analysis or polygraph examination prior to employment or at any time during employment.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements of the Job: Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, lifting of light and heavy objects, and using tools and equipment that require a high degree of manual dexterity. Work is performed in an office, automobile, and field sites with exposure to noise, diseases, chemicals, inclement weather, and may require use of protective devices. Must be able to defend oneself in the event of a physical attack.
Applicants must officially apply through the ADP online application system. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Reinhardt University is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/M/V/H/V).
Reinhardt University is an equal opportunity institution. The University respects the essential dignity of all individuals and is committed to providing equal access to and support for education and employment opportunities. Reinhardt does not discriminate in any of its policies, programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, age, culture, national origin, socioeconomic status, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, religious belief, physical (dis)ability, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. All persons involved in the operations of the University are prohibited from engaging in such discrimination. Direct inquiries regarding the equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy to: Director of Human Resources, Reinhardt University, 7300 Reinhardt Circle, Waleska, GA 30183, 770-720-9146.
Are you interested in this job? Please apply from Salary.com
Job ID: j202301050418351434323
Recommended Job Skills: Building Inspection, Crisis Management
Average Estimate Salary for a Campus Police Officer: $44,166 to $59,746
This data is calculated using netizen feedback data. To get the most accurate number for your company jobs in your locations, use our subscription products: https://www.salary.com/companalyst
Waleska GA USA
Campus Police Officer Waleska jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.