Team Georgia Careers
Team Georgia Careers Stockbridge GA Georgia
1 week ago
Under supervision, performs a full range of assigned law enforcement duties to maintain security and order in a detention facility educational setting...
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Performs all law enforcement related duties in a highly professional manner consistent with established procedures and directives.
• Provide a security clearance for each student entering the secure area of the building. This will include when youth leave the secure area for bathroom breaks, class breaks/lunch time breaks, and at the beginning of each session.
• Regularly conducts walkthroughs of classrooms, hallways and in school offices.
• Address students who are disruptive, inappropriately dressed, late, and/or absent.
• Facilitates safety drills as required by the Georgia Preparatory Academy.
• Inspect areas frequented by youth for contraband and /or safety breach after each movement including break times and beginning/ending of each session.
• Monitor security equipment and camera system and ensure problems are reported immediately so that corrective actions can be implemented.
• Meets with supervisors, education staff and support staff to increase student involvement.
• Assist in planning weekly student success meetings with students, education, and probation, and assist in coordinating monthly parent meetings.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Facilitates group discussions with students as requested on various law enforcement topics.
• HS diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to perform physical tasks such as standing, kneeling, bending and crawling.
• GAPOST certified peace officer in good standing as defined by GAPOST Council. (A current GAPOST professional profile must be submitted as part of the application process with PBLE number attached)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess two or more of the following
• Completion of an undergraduate degree in one of the following areas: Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Sociology or related field.
• One year or more of experience as a School Resource Officer.
• Three years of experience as a Peace Officer and current and valid certification as a Peace Officer by the Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) Council.
• Two or more years of supervisory experience in police or investigative work in a federal, state or local law enforcement agency.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FORCONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER High school diploma or GED AND successful completion of Basic Mandate Law Enforcement Training
Stockbridge GA USA
Jobs in Stockbridge GA Georgia
School Resource Officer - Martha K Glaze RYDC - Hampton GA (FSC) Stockbridge jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.