Southwood Hospital Pittsburgh PA United States
3 weeks ago
Flexible Schedule Opportunity...
Southwood Psychiatric Hospital offers a specific program for young males who are struggling with multiple diagnoses, including intellectual disabilities and sexually maladaptive behaviors. CHOICES Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility, located in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania is a 32-bed facility serving the treatment needs of males aged 10-21 with significant mental health issues along with a history of inappropriate sexual behaviors. Licensed by the State of Pennsylvania as a mental health program, it provides the highest level of structure and supervision for a residential mental health setting, while offering co-occurring intensive specific treatment based on the Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy model of Relapse Prevention. Traditional therapies, such as those based on the Cognitive-Behavioral model, will be geared toward the lower functioning clientele and will be individualized according to specific learning needs. The youth accepted to this residential care program often struggle with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities.
At Southwood Hospital, we are always looking for talented and caring professionals to join our team
Master's Degree in Health Human Services or related field
2 Years of Mental Health experience in CASSP working with children and families (Required)
The benefits we offer are comprehensive and essential for you to live a balanced personal and professional life:
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
As a Mental Health Therapsit You Will:
• Serve as the "Lead Therapist" for the "Team" consisting minimally of a Mental Health Professional and a Mental Health Worker assigned to the consumer and his/her family. Be accountable to the Program Manager for the treatment provided by the Team to the consumer and his/her family.
• Assist Program Manager in supervising other members of the Team.
• Direct and provide family-based therapy to assigned consumers and families using primarily the "structural family therapy" model of systemic intervention through sessions with individuals, family subsystems, or involved collaterals.
OVERVEW OF WHAT DAY TO DAY LOOKS LIKE FOR AN MHP:
A MHPs day will likely look different each day. The day to day will depend on the scheduled sessions and other responsibilities the MHP needs to complete on a day. Sample days: Tuesday a MHP may be scheduled to work from 11am- 7:30pm (attend a zoom ISPT meeting, conduct 3 in home family sessions, and finish the day at home writing treatment plans), and on Wednesday 9:00am 4:00pm (attend a FBMHS training from 9am 1pm via zoom, conduct 2 in home sessions
Pittsburgh PA USA
Jobs in Pittsburgh PA United States
Mental Health Therapist Pittsburgh jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.